Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Curious About Run 8.

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorSean View Post
    My recommendation in post #7 stands. The $40 is well worth the price and you'll have enough to keep you going for a while. I wouldn't rush into anything unless more details and a roadmap is made available closer to their V3 release. After that your going to get into lots of money if you check the prices and I don't recommend it at this time. The decision and risk is of course in your hands.

Thanks

Sean
    Hi Sean, thanks for the update.
    Price for the "base" package is 50$ right now. and as far as can see it worth it!

I've made a typo in my previous question : "Do we know if actual V2 (not V3) content will be compatible with V3 ? I'm asking because beginning from 0 now will cost some buckets and I dont want to buy full price content that won't be usable in future version...."

Thanks
    Bastien

metalangel Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bghvip View Post
    Hi there,
    beginning from 0 now will cost some buckets and I dont want to buy full price content that won't be usable in future version....
    The base package is perfectly good and playable on its own to get to grips with the simulator and decide if you want to add more. I would say that the only other piece might want right away is the Cajon map.

Quote Originally Posted by SCL-A-Line View Post
    there is so much more than desert though
    The green desert of Florida...
    Something like the D&RGW or even Stevens Pass would offer a change of scenery, though. Yes there are green sections on the SoCal etc. routes but the vast majority is still yellow and the winter texture mod only changes west of Mojave (AFAIK).
    Then there's the commercial element - I just picked up a four route bundle for TS2021 in the March Steam sale for £15.99 - the WCML from London to Birmingham, the Clinchfield route, a German route and a Scottish local route. Total mileage probably not far off 300 plus the accompanying trainsets. That same price doesn't even get me half of a Run 8 route, which to the best of my knowledge have never been put on sale at any sort of discount.
    Vern.

Bought the game. It's definitely different from OpenRails. Which route has the most road crossings? I was thinking one of the CSX routes. I like to blow the horn and hold people up.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    The green desert of Florida...
    Something like the D&RGW or even Stevens Pass would offer a change of scenery, though. Yes there are green sections on the SoCal etc. routes but the vast majority is still yellow and the winter texture mod only changes west of Mojave (AFAIK).
    Then there's the commercial element - I just picked up a four route bundle for TS2021 in the March Steam sale for £15.99 - the WCML from London to Birmingham, the Clinchfield route, a German route and a Scottish local route. Total mileage probably not far off 300 plus the accompanying trainsets. That same price doesn't even get me half of a Run 8 route, which to the best of my knowledge have never been put on sale at any sort of discount.
    Yup but as we keep getting told Run 8 is a real simulator. Anything by DTG is Toy Trains R Us.

Will you remove that Class 120 avatar please buddy. Every time i see your posts, i come over all loved up and weak.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

$50.00 I thought it was $40.00 or did they update their website

DTG is nothing more than a rip off as evident of the video featured on the forums at TS with all the prices to run TSW2 which is nothing more than an update of it's former self.

Run8 on the other hand was a game changer between V2 and V1. Their free updates such as the hump yard back in V1 was better than a whole version update from DTG. If you like it that's cool, but I'll stay away from that crap personally. Hamilton caught my eye then Scott decided to buy it and I saved my money.

I have no idea what V3 is going to change other than moveable bridges, turntables/transfer tables I think? A better game engine or programming for sure. But we all know they keep all the details tight and of course that is their business.

As much as I enjoy the Florida and New York routes (yes you will get tons of crossings here) just keep in mind Florida and California are not connected in game. Again I'm all for new and smaller regions but you can't deny why they are popular to many users because of their connectivity.

Obviously you have the base game now and that is great. But for others buying the SE still requires the base in Cali to play. The good news here is the update path is a bit less expensive if you want to purchase all the route add-ons available, and they are working on another one (so that might be a hint that V3 will indeed be backwards compatible route wise, or perhaps it's going to have special features for V3 who knows).

Thanks

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by deltapooh View Post
    Bought the game. It's definitely different from OpenRails. Which route has the most road crossings? I was thinking one of the CSX routes. I like to blow the horn and hold people up.
    The Aline thru Orlando has the most W boards.
    Work Safe play hard

Well V1 converted to V2 so I am betting that V2 might convert to V3, that would be a bonus.
    Work Safe play hard

Well I Bought V2 and Got a Message Saying I would Get My Download Link in 24HRS. It's Now Wednesday and Still No Link!
    I'm assuming they're Just Really Busy and I'll get my link when they can send it.
    DaveKfromUP

Quote Originally Posted by dkingsburg View Post
    Well I Bought V2 and Got a Message Saying I would Get My Download Link in 24HRS. It's Now Wednesday and Still No Link!
    I'm assuming they're Just Really Busy and I'll get my link when they can send it.
    DaveKfromUP
    Have you checked your email spam folder (just in case)?
    When I last ordered content from them the link was also shown on the invoice page which appeared after the transaction.
    Sounds like you need to contact their support.
    Vern.