Thread: Indian Locomotive & Stock Physics Improvement

Default Indian Locomotive & Stock Physics Improvement

Hi,

I have been working in my spare time to update the Indian locomotives and rolling stock eng & wag files, as all locomotives and stock currently use very generic files that are unrealistic and outdated.

I hope to bring all the new physics introduced by Open Rails, especially with regards to diesel power, braking and so on to the existing Indian rolling stock, in a way that can be easily applied by anyone interested. My idea is to maintain MSTS compatibility while allowing those with OR to experience the updated physics provided by my updated eng/wag files.

I already have some test files for diesel locomotives (WDM2, WDM3A, WDP/G4), ICF & LHB rolling stock, which if anyone is interested in can contact me for.

Raiganj, Uttar Dinajpur, West Bengal, India.

Quote Originally Posted by joe_star View Post
    Hi,

I have been working in my spare time to update the Indian locomotives and rolling stock eng & wag files, as all locomotives and stock currently use very generic files that are unrealistic and outdated.

I hope to bring all the new physics introduced by Open Rails, especially with regards to diesel power, braking and so on to the existing Indian rolling stock, in a way that can be easily applied by anyone interested. My idea is to maintain MSTS compatibility while allowing those with OR to experience the updated physics provided by my updated eng/wag files.

I already have some test files for diesel locomotives (WDM2, WDM3A, WDP/G4), ICF & LHB rolling stock, which if anyone is interested in can contact me for.
    I am also working on this, and already make WDM3A Physics, Lights, Sounds for Old existing models of GV and Vijay Kamal.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjeeb_ir View Post
    I am also working on this, and already make WDM3A Physics, Lights, Sounds for Old existing models of GV and Vijay Kamal.
    Thats great! I am more than happy to share notes

The engine files would be fairly standard across locomotive models, although it should be more than possible to specify specific torque/power curves for specific engines considering their age, deterioration etc, but I have left that out of the scope for my improvement. I am focused on preparing a single set of eng & include per model (e.g. for WMD2, WDM3A, WDM3B etc WDP4 etc)