Thread: Excessive Coupler Angle

Default Excessive Coupler Angle

I am trying out Run8. Its definitely more intensive. I am running into a problem. I am going into emergency when I move my train for a bit. The Warning "Excessive Coupler Angle [specific car]. How do I check the car? Perhaps I haven't turned a switch. I am in notch one. Do I have to stretch the train first or something? Is there a forum dedicated to newbies?

I know this is Day One stuff, but the tutorial isn't specific. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sounds like you may have gone through a switch and turned it. If you have too big a car on some switching lines it will do this as well.

Thanks

Sean

Usually happens if you split a switch, one bogie goes one way and the second the other. Quite hard to get out of without deleting the train.
    Vern.

I think may have been able to recover this by uncoupling one of the ends and very gently pushing it back toward the switch, but deleting the train is indeed a quicker option.

I've had the train do a very strange thing as a result:

Thanks everyone. I'll try to be more careful spawning my train and keeping an eye on the dispatch screen.

Deleting is faster but prototypically speaking could be handled differently. You can try backing up as soon as you get the message. Depending on the tonnage of the train you may require rescue units to come to the aid from the other end if DPU's where not an option. This can also be achieved by splitting the train in half (similar to halving a grade where two runs would be made).

One of the best ways to solve a split issue is if you can back up or move the train enough where the trucks are not over the switch is to switch it again. This will allow the truck on the rear clear access to moving while not effecting the lead truck because you can run through a trailing point regardless of the direction it is thrown.

Thanks

Sean