Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Cane Creek upcoming route from skyhook Games

  1. #1

    Default Cane Creek upcoming route from skyhook Games

    Awesome Pictures from Skyhook Games. Pre pictures. Link
    Look even Here for more pictures. Link

    Now they really take advantage of the beauty of Unreal engine.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Swindon, England
    Posts
    5,705

    Default

    The pictures look awesome and could certainly teach Rivet a few lessons after the abomination that is the scenery on their Arosa line.

    My interest in this route goes back to its appearance in Trainmaster 4, also MSTS and Trainz though I don't think it appeared in DTG classic TS.
    Vern.

  3. #3

    Default

    Skyhook Games seem even to do ground work Hamburg to Lubeck route Link
    They think Dovetail do the rest as signals overhead line. We see

    They write
    Route placement consists of Dovetail providing the route in UE4 with the lidar data and track placed,
    and all the assets needed to populate the route.
    Our placement team, using google earth as reference then dress along the track adding any roads,
    buildings and foliage as required, each artist will place approximately 1/2 kilometre of set dressing per day.;;

    More info about this shyhook games
    Last edited by jorgen3; 03-27-2021 at 01:04 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    1,725

    Default

    ''The route itself is only 35-ish miles of single track branch line, with at most 2 different trains a week on the line'' And if they don't run due to insufficient traffic, then it'll be a barren railroad, how rivetting, at least the scenario writers won't be overworked with their offering...... Nice creativity and colouring of the rocks pity that DTG couldn't do similar with Soldier Summit and the others in TS2012, I'm sure they could have been bettered even with the Kuju engine, Skyhook Games look as though they've cracked it, although £24.99 for 35 miles of desert wasteland is a tad expensive for my tastes, especially if DTG include locomotives and freightcars that we already own, console users will be up in arms, better get a supply of popcorn in ready.......

    Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 03-27-2021 at 02:59 PM. Reason: re-edit
    i7 10700k 3.8GHz Eight Core CPU, Gigabyte Z590 AORUS ELITE AX, 32GB RAM, nVidia RTX3060ti 8GB, WIN10 PRO 64-bit. 10xTB in HDDs total.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    ''Nice creativity and colouring of the rocks pity that DTG couldn't do similar with Soldier Summit and the others in TS2012, I'm sure they could have been bettered even with the Kuju engine, Skyhook Games look as though they've cracked it
    Skyhook actually did the environmental modeling and scenery for Soldier Summit - I guess 6 years of additional experience and a modern game engine has paid off.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    1,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobwdude View Post
    Skyhook actually did the environmental modeling and scenery for Soldier Summit - I guess 6 years of additional experience and a modern game engine has paid off.
    Yes, very true, Sir, well, at least it is for SHG, this modern game engine seems to have other TSW developers flummoxed, it's unreal.......

    Cheerz. Steve.
    i7 10700k 3.8GHz Eight Core CPU, Gigabyte Z590 AORUS ELITE AX, 32GB RAM, nVidia RTX3060ti 8GB, WIN10 PRO 64-bit. 10xTB in HDDs total.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Yamba, N.S.WALES, Australia
    Posts
    4,175

    Default

    Gawd....this brings back memories of me creating it for Trainz twenty years ago......after getting the incentive from operating it in TM4.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

  8. #8

    Default

    Now the pictures is gone in Skyhook site. But it still left in Dovetail forum
    They may not have been meant to be shared.
    We will see what the end result looks like when the route comes out

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Swindon, England
    Posts
    5,705

    Default

    I think I read at the DTG forum someone stumbled on the images by accident. Let's just hope it lives up to that in realisation.

    As regards traffic, well hopefully the service levels will be augmented to offer some variety, even if actual operations are fairly limited.
    Vern.

  10. #10
    metalangel Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jorgen3 View Post
    Skyhook Games seem even to do ground work Hamburg to Lubeck route Link
    They think Dovetail do the rest as signals overhead line. We see

    They write
    Route placement consists of Dovetail providing the route in UE4 with the lidar data and track placed,
    and all the assets needed to populate the route.
    Our placement team, using google earth as reference then dress along the track adding any roads,
    buildings and foliage as required, each artist will place approximately 1/2 kilometre of set dressing per day.;;

    More info about this shyhook games
    I should apply for a job doing this. Plonking down scenery assets all day.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->