Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cane Creek upcoming route from skyhook Games

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    As regards traffic, well hopefully the service levels will be augmented to offer some variety, even if actual operations are fairly limited.
    Problem is, Vern, that if any augmentation is created it will be totally non-authentic.
    It's just an in-and-out run when needed. Not even a tourist train operates on this line in real-life.

But if the devs wanted to provide extra interest, they could extend the line at the junction towards Helper, to the west, and towards Grand Junction to the east. That would allow for interchange switching to take place where the Potash/Cane Creek line joins the main and also for cameo mainline traffic.

Or...extend the main all the way between Helper and Grand Junction.
    Now THAT, plus Cane Creek, would be something to think about buying.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    But if the devs wanted to provide extra interest, they could extend the line at the junction towards Helper, to the west, and towards Grand Junction to the east. That would allow for interchange switching to take place where the Potash/Cane Creek line joins the main and also for cameo mainline traffic.
    I'm sure we don't disagree with your thoughts, Bruce, but, that is the problem with every route DTG and it's 3rd party partners can't do, as it would bump the price of the route up, with the extra resources and time taken for completion, and there would be squeals of anguish across the planet, especially from the console players, many have already expressed their sorrow at having to buy layouts at £25 a pop since the game was released, it's a catch 22 situation, really......

Cheerz. Steve.
    i7 10700k 3.8GHz Eight Core CPU, Gigabyte Z590 AORUS ELITE AX, 32GB RAM, nVidia RTX3060ti 8GB, WIN10 PRO 64-bit. 10xTB in HDDs total.

Quote Originally Posted by metalangel View Post
    I should apply for a job doing this. Plonking down scenery assets all day.
    Hahahahahahaha, worse than working on an assembly line.

TSW2 is all sauce and no bottle. It's not going anywhere because it will never have proper editors.

It's not a sim it is a dead end game for the console kiddies.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    .......that is the problem with every route DTG and it's 3rd party partners can't do, as it would bump the price of the route up, ....
    Very true. One can wish, though.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

metalangel Guest

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Hahahahahahaha, worse than working on an assembly line.

TSW2 is all sauce and no bottle. It's not going anywhere because it will never have proper editors.

It's not a sim it is a dead end game for the console kiddies.
    I already do similar, albeit in Word, Excel and PowerPoint for my real job and it does feel like an assembly line, we have a toolbox of assets that we assemble to make presentations and other documents.

I agree that TSW2 is indicative of a problem in the modern world: stuff has to look good in pictures and trailers first, the actual gameplay follows.

I couldn't do that sort of work Steve, it would drive me up the wall butt.

Yup fluff over substance, welcome to the modern world.

I never get tired of ETS2 so i don't need to keep bashing my head against the wall with the train games.

Plus the free updates are regular, unlike DTG. The DLC is cheap and really good quality.

Plus there are thousands of free mods. Unlike the train games, where everyone wants to set up a shed business.

Too charge maximum dollar for updated sounds, weather features, graphics enhancements. Not to mention rollingstock, which in ETS2 the equivalent, trucks and trailers are all free.

Puts paid to the old train game community mantra "there is no such thing as a free lunch".

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Some new screenshots kicking about.

https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/...649.1562484196

Have to say it all looks very nice, but power wise we are getting recycled AC4400's and SD40's.
    Vern.

It is very easy to get the impression that this is being created purely and simply as a showpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    It is very easy to get the impression that this is being created purely and simply as a showpiece.
    I think you may be right, Bruce - a £25 showpiece.
    Vern.