Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Load Error" issue

Question "Load Error" issue

Hello guys,

I installed OR on my PC (Which have MSTS installed already) but i cant make openrails work. When i open it, a "load error" message appears titles of the route and when i try to open it (activty or explore route) it gaves this error:

Error: Orts.Parsers.Msts.STFException: Missing RouteID in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\ROUTES\Turkiyem\Turkiyem.trk:line 54

This is the case for all routes and trains, same error (it appears to be a trk problem) So how can i resolve it ? Thanks

Does OR generate a log file? It will be on your desktop if it does. If so, attach it to a post so we can see what OR is doing in detail.

One thing that immediately catches my eye is the install location, namely Proram Files (x86). This is a protected folder in most Windows OSs, and will cause problems for anything installed there. My trainsim stuff is all in C:\xxx folders, where they are safe from Windows' meddling

OpenRailsLog.txt

Here it comes

Lines 34 and 35 don't have the start or end locations.

34-35.JPG

Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by rdayt View Post
    Lines 34 and 35 don't have the start or end locations.
    That is how the original path file is configured!

The above is only a warning, but this is what stopped Open Rails ...
    Error: Orts.Parsers.Msts.STFException: Missing RouteID in C:\msts\ROUTES\USA1\usa1.trk:line 45
    Line 45 should be a close bracket.

RouteID ( USA1 ) should be on line 4 but as the close bracket hasn't been found, the data in the file hasn't been read.

Cheers,
    Ged
    Last edited by slipperman; 03-31-2021 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slipperman View Post
    Hi,

That is how the original path file is configured!

The above is only a warning, but this is what stopped Open Rails ...

Line 45 should be a close bracket.

RouteID ( USA1 ) should be on line 4 but as the close bracket hasn't been found, the data in the file hasn't been read.

Cheers,
    Ged

The OP says
    This is the case for all routes and trains, same error (it appears to be a trk problem) So how can i resolve it ? Thanks
    How could EVER route's TRK file have the closing bracket missing? Strange!!!
    Charles

Sounds like that durn security regimen of the program files folder is interfering with many-a-files not being read correctly

Quote Originally Posted by geepster775 View Post
    Sounds like that durn security regimen of the program files folder is interfering with many-a-files not being read correctly
    No. Look at the Log.txt the OP uploaded. "C:\msts\ROUTES\USA1" Not in program files.
    Charles

Hi
    @geepster775 : The latest log file submitted by the OP shows that C:\msts\ROUTES\USA1 is the path.

@Charles : I agree that it's very unlikely that every route's .trk file has the same error, but we can only go by the solid information we can SEE!!

Cheers,
    Ged