Thread: Map Window option

Default Map Window option

The new map window looks like it has some interesting possibilities. I did notice that once you choose <cntrl9> the window is opened and cannot be toggled closed by the same command. Alt+Tab seemed to be the only way to hide it.

I also experimented with the hours offset feature. I think this can be used to simulate Daylight Savings Time. -1=DST.

Thanks, I think this is a great addition.

Basil

Quote Originally Posted by bprice View Post
    The new map window looks like it has some interesting possibilities. I did notice that once you choose <cntrl9> the window is opened and cannot be toggled closed by the same command. Alt+Tab seemed to be the only way to hide it.

I also experimented with the hours offset feature. I think this can be used to simulate Daylight Savings Time. -1=DST.

Thanks, I think this is a great addition.

Basil
    The dispatcher window ( map window ) has been in use for some years now, however, the hot link [Options/General Tab] to an informational page was recently added, thanks to developer Chris Jakeman. Did you know that you can change/align switches and signals using the dispatch viewer --- and much more.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

I, too, would like to know if they intend to return the <Cntrl+9> open/close toggle ability.

The two tabs both have a specific usefulness based on what the user is wanting to do and the information that is needed. I like both.

One suggestion I have is to add a third tab. That tab would be a dispatcher view that actually resembles a dispatcher's screen. I know Run 8 has this feature. This would make actually controlling trains easier. Perhaps a user could be a dispatcher rather than the driver of the train. That would be a whole new dimension and activity creators might actually be able to create activities specifically for dispatching.

Just pondering the possibilities.

The two tabs both have a specific usefulness based on what the user is wanting to do and the information that is needed. I like both.

One suggestion I have is to add a third tab. That tab would be a dispatcher view that actually resembles a dispatcher's screen. I know Run 8 has this feature. This would make actually controlling trains easier. Perhaps a user could be a dispatcher rather than the driver of the train. That would be a whole new dimension and activity creators might actually be able to create activities specifically for dispatching.

Just pondering the possibilities.
    Oh, that's an interesting idea. You should put together a Trello card for that.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    Oh, that's an interesting idea. You should put together a Trello card for that.
    I am not sure how to do that.

A CTC view is not easily done dynamically...

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

I am not sure how to do that.
    It's quite easy -- here's the link https://trello.com/c/zznjApL8/102-cl...how-this-works

This will take you to an instructions pop up- if you haven't registered with Trello, you'll probably have to do that. It's something that was started a while ago, so people could add their ideas to the mix, have them considered, voted on. Developers keep an eye on these.
    Cheers, Gerry

A dispatcher window would be cool, if it worked like the old Softrail Train Dispatcher program. You would really need features like signal fleeting, stacking switch commands, running time, etc. Not sure how involved that would get programming-wise.

I still have the TD3 and track builder disks but haven't tried to install on my Win 10 machine yet - not sure if I still have the keys. I had developed a couple of routes with it, including LT&S /C2C (UK) and the Philadelphia Broad St. subway.

Jon