Thread: Having problems moving train after an Emergency Brake or after Alerter

Default Having problems moving train after an Emergency Brake or after Alerter

So for example, let's say I enter a 40 mph zone at 40.2 mph, the Emergency brake turns on, and stops the train. So then I make sure, holding down the, ";" key, that the brakes are (released), then I make sure that (I forget the name of it) the lever that lets you go, Forward, Neutral, Reverse, well I make sure that is set to (Forward).

Then I set throttle up, nothing happens, I just continue to sit there. Time is ticking to be at the station, and I can't even move. All brakes are off, I'm set to Forward, throttle at 100%, nothing happens. I noticed even with the brakes released, it still said friction applied, so I hit the Pantograph button on the far left, and it said, friction released. Okay so I checked again, brakes released, I'm set to Forward, throttle at 100%, and I'm still not moving.

I even moved the lever to Neutral, then to Reverse, then back to Neutral, back to Forward, brakes are released, throttle up to 100%, and nothing. Is there something I'm not doing or missing? I don't get what else I'm supposed to do, to move after an Alerter message auto-brakes me.

And I'm not sure I understand why that Alerter thing did that. I see a yellow 45 up ahead, speed limit says 85, but I'm at 41.2, and all I hear is BEEP BOOP BEEP BOOP BEEP BOOP, I see in yellow on the screen ALERTER, friction applied, I'm not even sure why this is happening. I'm not breaking any speed limit, so what is it that I'm doing wrong?

Sorry I'm extremely frustrated by this right now.

The most likely reason you can't restart after a speed penalty is that the power is cut. When that happens, press Z to reset it.

The beeping and alerter message is caused by something entirely different. The Alerter is a device designed to make sure you, the engineer, is, in fact, alert. It, too, is reset by pressing Z, or by moving a control (most will reset it). You should press Z or something before the brakes activate

Quote Originally Posted by ebnertra000 View Post
    The most likely reason you can't restart after a speed penalty is that the power is cut. When that happens, press Z to reset it.

The beeping and alerter message is caused by something entirely different. The Alerter is a device designed to make sure you, the engineer, is, in fact, alert. It, too, is reset by pressing Z, or by moving a control (most will reset it). You should press Z or something before the brakes activate
    Thank you for the answer on that. Just one other thing I was curious about, if the speed limit does indeed say 85, I can do that speed near to where the new speed limit zone is, correct? I ask this because the tutorial seemed like it wanted you changing speeds way before the new speed limit. I look at it as, I can get closer to the new zone, and it seems like, as long as I have the throttle off, and I turn on the brakes, I can slow the train down relatively fast.

It just seems like the time restraints to get from one station to the next, is kind of tight, and one wrong move and you're done.

Quote Originally Posted by RS_User View Post
    Thank you for the answer on that. Just one other thing I was curious about, if the speed limit does indeed say 85, I can do that speed near to where the new speed limit zone is, correct? I ask this because the tutorial seemed like it wanted you changing speeds way before the new speed limit. I look at it as, I can get closer to the new zone, and it seems like, as long as I have the throttle off, and I turn on the brakes, I can slow the train down relatively fast.

It just seems like the time restraints to get from one station to the next, is kind of tight, and one wrong move and you're done.
    Wait until you try to run a commuter train out of Shinjuku...

The advice to slow before the sign is probably related to passenger comfort, or good train handling if you're running proper (freight) trains. I recommend slowing in such a way that you don't need more than an initial application of the brakes. Those lil' speedy bois can slow down pretty quickly