Thread: OR Meet Errors

Default OR Meet Errors

A bit of a strange problem while setting up meets on a new route. Yesterday I set up what should have been a simple meet, the Player starts the activity sitting in a siding and a few minutes later a passenger train comes though, then the Player is free to occupy the mainline. Well it didn't work, after two tries I wondered why the AI train wasn't spawning and went into Mainual Mode threw the switch in front of me and suddenly the AI train spawned.

This morning I set up another meet. The Player is sitting in the west side of the yard, waits for AI traffic to come off a branchline and into the east side of the yard. Once that AI traffic clears, the Player is to head north, then crossover and enter the branch. Again no joy. I ended up having to take the player train, occupy the south switch of the crossover, go into Manual and throw the north switch of the crossover for the AI train which suddenly spawned, then back up into the yard... not very prototypical.

Is there something new I'm doing wrong? I can't remember having trouble doing this on the DAR roue.

I'm using X1.3.1.263-g7abeb7d51 but have also changed that out for 1.3.1.4328 and got the same results. The only difference I can see is that DAR has a few signals at the last few miles of the route on CN, and this route has no signals because this portion of the actual route had no signals.

Paul :-)

I believe you'd need a signal to protect the movement, otherwise it sees your train on the path or some such.

Been at this over on ET with a couple of the developers of OR and the solution turned out to be have the AI train start a few minutes before the activity actually begins and you also need to put a waiting point where the AI train start so it's delayed enough to make appear when you actually wanted it to in the first place. Been doing this for a long time but would never have though of this. This puts the path of the AI train at the top of the stack, ahead of the path of the player train.

Still no signals on the route just like the prototype and it ran fine.

haha I've made enough activities that I should have suggested that. I just assumed the lack of signals was gonna lock something up but really it should have still spawned in and just sat there in that case. Glad you got it working. Whats the route? Looks good!

Ontario Northland, Porquis Junction to Timmins in the early 1960s.

Very nice!