Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New tank cars from Pete Willard.

I might be able to...
    http://www.railsimstuff.com
    3D Canvas/Crafter and Blender User
    formerly The Keystone Works (All Permissions Granted)
    In IRC at freenode #msts

I am very grateful and have nothing but gratitude for the reskinners that are still sharing their work for the rest of us. Thank you each and every one. But, I do have a suggestion. How difficult would it be to add the yellow/orange safety reflective stripes to the sides of new reskins. Obviously, they wouldn't be actually reflective, but if you will notice, almost all freight cars now have this safety tape.
    Larry Steiner
    Grand Rapids, MI
    (CSX Country)

Take a look at the very first post that says "Please Note" There weren't any reflective tape back then in that time.. You can just simply add in yellow or orange line "paint" to represent reflective tape. Not too hard to do.

Quote Originally Posted by phydeaux View Post
    I am very grateful and have nothing but gratitude for the reskinners that are still sharing their work for the rest of us. Thank you each and every one. But, I do have a suggestion. How difficult would it be to add the yellow/orange safety reflective stripes to the sides of new reskins. Obviously, they wouldn't be actually reflective, but if you will notice, almost all freight cars now have this safety tape.
    Dave Edwards

Based on the dates stenciled on the car, the GATX car would warrant stripes, but that's the only one.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

all the cars have had issues with paint and stencil issues fixed. The Gatx car has changed since at that time it was welded together so I added the correct seam lines. If I can find another tank car that is NOT black or just plan boring I will add it. but right now i haven't found another intresting car.

so this is one of the new ones being added.

If anyone can find more images of it I would be happy also can anyone tell me what the end of car data says. GATX 27349.3.73.Selzer.Pearl.jpg
    8400B566-F1CE-489A-BE08-CFC269A7DDE7__16515.1548628472.jpg

I have been in contact with Pete He is working on the tank cars. but I have no time frame when they will be completed. Pete is also going to try and create the Ozone Water company logo for me.

After failing to find any decent images of the cars I took a chance and emailed Micro trains who had the actual model. surprising a few hours later I received a nice email from Ben Thielemann Marketing Director and he included 4 beautiful large images for me to work from.
    what I did learn is this company only had 3 tank cars and were used by the company to gather water from the Aquifer in Louisiana.

Step 1 - Wheel height fixed.
    Step 2 - Car sounds - pending. I'm tweaking the WAG file.
    In IRC at freenode #msts

Quote Originally Posted by MsSheare View Post
    After failing to find any decent images of the cars I took a chance and emailed Micro trains who had the actual model. surprising a few hours later I received a nice email from Ben Thielemann Marketing Director and he included 4 beautiful large images for me to work from.
    So are you still after the Hercules logo ?

Steve

Yes, I never found one that was big enough to trace out accurately as I mainly found the older logo. For the newer modern logo, I only found one that was a very low res scan from an ancient magazine. It had too few pixels and I can't do a good trace with my vector drawing tool.

PS: I use software called DESIGNER... and it's currently on sale 50% off. https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/designer/
    In IRC at freenode #msts