Thread: Unlocking Spawn Points and Trains

Default Unlocking Spawn Points and Trains

Is there a way to unlock all available spawn points and train types? For example, I don't have any spawn points available for the Seligman Subdivision. Its all greyed out. The same is true for AI Trains. None are available. Is there a setting I need to activat?

You need to create a train at each spawn point you want to use and move the slider for it to be active:

-Go to AI Menu
    -Click Spawn Points
    -Choose one (turns blue)
    -Click Train Type
    -Select type of train (Mixed Freight as example-turns blue)
    -Click Train Symbol
    -Give it a Symbol/Name (M-BARBAK-10 as example, M for Manifest, BAR for Barstow, BAK for Bakersfield, 10 for the day) or call it anything you wish
    -Choosing filter allows you to select the cars you want on the train. Ignoring it spawns random cars normally found in manifest trains
    -Since this train is routed over Tehachapi, you can select Tehachapi Westbound or ignore
    -Pick Locomotive types you want on the train
    -Pick Locomotive liveries

Once done, click Train Types in the upper right which takes you back. Now 'Mixed Freight' will be highlighted. Drag the slider and click Spawn Points in the upper left. The menu takes you back to Spawn Points and the 'Spawn Now' dialog will be highlighted.

Once you create trains in the Train Type menu, you must move the slider before it appears in the Spawn Points menu.

Thanks! It works! I spent more than two hours trying to figure out how to just spawn trains.

Brad, you should have been employed to write a User manual for Run 8.
    Your explanations are very easy to follow.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    Brad, you should have been employed to write a User manual for Run 8.
    Your explanations are very easy to follow.
    Thanks Bruce, just tryin' to be helpful.

Its appreciated Brad3816. Run8 has a learning curve. It is important to have a community willing to answer questions for new players. Run8 is a nice game, and I'm currently addicted.