Thread: Lehigh Valley Century Run

Default Lehigh Valley Century Run

In this pre-Conrail action, three Alco C420s handle Lehigh Valley freight SJ-4 (Sayre Yard, PA to Oak Island Yard, NJ) heading eastbound at an undocumented location. One of the Centuries still wears the as-delivered (in 1964) 'yellowjacket' livery, while the other two have been repainted in the familiar Lehigh Valley red paint scheme.

Activity inspired in part by content from: "The Northeast RR Scene, Vol. 1: The Lehigh Valley" by Bob Pennisi
    See also: "Alcos in Autumn" by Michael Bednar

Locos: BLW ... Consist: BLW/ZT + TrainSim F/L + MLT ... Route: L&HR

great shots again!!!

I have good memories when I was at school in Bethlehem PA railfanning down at the old station, seeing LV and RDG trains come through. It seemed every LV loco had a different color scheme! Good times.

Thanks for sharing.

Jon

Fine series of shots, this route is a very good example of the excellent work done on some of the MSTS routes, this is what? 10-12 years old since it was first released?
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Have to agree, fine example. Just wish they could be uploaded to the library, but unfortunately for the rest of s, there's a lot of payware used from other payware routes, etc. that prevent people from doing that.

Still, it doesn't keep me from drooling. The work is excellent.
    Steve Burr, PE - Clinton, MD
    Southern Serves the South

Well, that may be true, regarding the version referred to in the screenshots, however, the Richard Shirey versions are available in the library, and they are a fine starting point.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Aside from my having swapped in some new track/ballast textures, the version of the Lehigh & Hudson River route shown in these screenshots is unchanged from the original (brilliant) version available for download from the file library.