Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ontario Northland

1103 the last in a group of four Northern built for the Ontario Northland, and the last steam built for the railway.
    I still need to do more road testing but it ran well in the yard including coupling. The plan is to create a couple
    of steam activities for 701 and 1103.

Paul :-)

1103 the last in a group of four Northern built for the Ontario Northland, and the last steam built for the railway.
    I still need to do more road testing but it ran well in the yard including coupling. The plan is to create a couple
    of steam activities for 701 and 1103.

Hi Paul,

Any chance of a TEE set in ONR colors with a EMD FP-7 power unit?

I have some very basic drawings for the TEE cars from a friend in Switzerland. I'd be willing to take a look for them if interested?

Robert

I have thought of a TEE Train with and F. I have Rail Canada volume 4 that includes scall drawings of the TEE Train and there are enough photos of the conversion they did to the FP7As to figure it out. Might be a project to consider.

Now -- for me -- that's something I've never heard of...little research found this image, but I still don't know -- why the "TEE" train?

ONR_TEE_Train.jpg
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Hi Gerry,

The TEE Train, well, big enough to handle their rideship, but not too big. Bi-directional so it didn't need to be wyed in Toronto on CN track, so didn't have to pay for that every day. Also had a lunch counter, so that was good for the long trip from Timmins to Toronto.

Paul, thanks, I would have loved to ride on that....the lead locomotive in the brochure folder...that's just a cuppa tea for me!
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

They bought the TEE Trains in 1974 I think, and replaced the original power with modified FP-7As in the 1984. I think it was just a parts supply issue, ONR had 22 Fs at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    -- why the "TEE" train?
    If you're asking about the name "TEE Train", or for the benefit of those who do not know, the equipment was originally built for the Trans Europ Express. More information here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans_Europ_Express

Quote Originally Posted by charland View Post
    I have thought of a TEE Train with and F. I have Rail Canada volume 4 that includes scall drawings of the TEE Train and there are enough photos of the conversion they did to the FP7As to figure it out. Might be a project to consider.

Hi Paul,

Is it indeed Rail Canada Vol 4? If so, I'm going to snag a copy off the used book market. Those are probably better drawings than what I have.

I'd like to see both the original power car and the F units if possible? This a subject I've always been interested in. I think two of the cars are still dumped on the ground in North Bay? And one is stuck in Europe rusting away. https://www.nyctransitforums.com/top...-in-amsterdam/ Not part of the restored section of the train that is on display.

I wonder if we could fashion a restored TEE in Canada with what is left? GO Transit #904 in Florida is a former ONR F unit. We could rebuild it into a 38-2 to power the restored Northlander. Hehe.

Robert
    Last edited by NW 2156; 06-06-2022 at 07:27 PM.