Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Ontario Northland

Quote Originally Posted by charland View Post
    Like I said, I kept building HO equipment that ended up collecting dust on a shelf. I had too much time on my hands and every time something interesting came on the market I ended up buying it. Now I'm building all those "dream layouts" in MSTS and running them in OR.

Started a TEE-Train the other day, just about bought one back in 1981 but it would have cost over three car payments!

Paul :-)
    Wow Paul,

That is looking really good.

Keep up the excellent work.

Robert

Finished Car B the next day.

Finished Car C today and have to make it into and engine tomorrow so you can use the control cab.

Have fun with it Colin... Abitibi 80 is an S-4 by the way!

Had to get out and make a few runs with it after lunch, gotta love openrails capabilities to just hop back on another engine without a reload!

Colin

Finished Car B the next day.

Finished Car C today and have to make it into and engine tomorrow so you can use the control cab.

They're lookin good to me Paul. This has always been one of my favorite trains. But then, I love European trains just as much as US/Canadian stuff. I've always been a big fan of Via Rail in the era of the FP9 and blue coaches intermixed with the CPR Budd coaches.

Robert

The car was easy, the nose job not so much!

I did a of of CN/CP/VIA photography back in the early 1980s but it kind of ended around the time VIA sold off the FPA4s and FP9As and replaced then with the F40s.

The car was easy, the nose job not so much!

I did a of of CN/CP/VIA photography back in the early 1980s but it kind of ended around the time VIA sold off the FPA4s and FP9As and replaced then with the F40s.

Hi Paul, The 1980's Via Rail is what interested me the most.

The nose is going to need some work.

Check out this photo, http://www.railpictures.ca/upload/on...reliability-of

Looking good overall so far. A tricky train to model because of it's geometry. I'd imagine that the cabcar and loco will be pretty high poly count to get that nose correct. Also lots of poly smoothing! TSM is really hard to make something like this from what I've been told?

Robert

Finished drawing the Werkspoor power unit this morning but have to turn it into a locomotive tomorrow. Spent six hours chasing a bug in the two Car-C files... so, trying both at each end until tomorrow.

ONR TEE-Train now with Werkspoor power.

Funny, I downloaded a dozen European type engines looking for late 50s diesel sounds and most of the "European" engines were aliased to the MSTS GP-38 sounds from two decades ago! Found a few that said to 'use my original sounds' but they were nowhere to be found. Ended up downloading the P&WV FM H 16-44 with sounds by Harold Clithroe and it sounds pretty nice.

Wow Paul,

That thing is a work of beauty.

Now to have the FP7 power unit.

I have a couple of times almost bought the Roco DC version. But Roco never did the EMD F power unit. Marklin did though. But Marklin seems to only be AC powered stuff. A little odd in HO, But they have always been unique in their way of doing things.

There is a picture here of the coupler adaptor that fitted the EMD unit, https://www.flickr.com/photos/876612...n/photostream/

And here

https://www.flickr.com/photos/876612...n/photostream/

The sign claims these two cars were owned by TEE Classics.

I wonder if they were supposed to go back to Europe at some point? Makes sense since there is an orphaned car in Europe that hasn't been restored. I posted a link to it earlier in the thread.

I believe Marklin was largely responsible for funding the recovery of the TEE cars. But when Marklin fell on hard times, it seems to have dragged down the TEE preservation project. They had planned to convert one of the driving trailers into a loco. They had planned to use a preserved diesel engine they rescued from a stationary power plant. They also had planned to use the CP7 bogies from under a BR Class 50 diesel.

Robert

I just finished the FP7Am two minutes ago. I'll turn it into a powered model tomorrow.

It would have taken a few bucks to truck it to Toronto or Montreal and have a crane place it on the deck of a shit to take it back to Belgium. Going to take a lot to get a set back in running condition.