Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Ontario Northland

Thanks Bill,

I just checked, I laid the track for this back in 2011! Well, now that I have an ONR route to play with I can make all that equipment I use to make in HO scale back when I had no space for a layout!

Paul :-)

Quote Originally Posted by charland View Post
    Thanks Bill,

I just checked, I laid the track for this back in 2011! Well, now that I have an ONR route to play with I can make all that equipment I use to make in HO scale back when I had no space for a layout!

:-)
    That's great to hear Paul, now I don't feel so bad as I have a whole lot of HO scale equipment too and only a little layout that doesn't run anymore now. Open Rails has taken over.
    Steve Burr, PE - Clinton, MD
    Southern Serves the South

Microsoft Train Sim and Open Rail sure solved the lack of layout room for me, and much easier to keep the dust off!

Not to mention Paul, you don't have to clean the track either.
    Paul

I use to enjoy building RGS building board by board. The one morning degenerative disc disease took out a couple of disc in my neck and I couldn't look down to work on models any more. Just got a nice new Chopper III and it's still a virgin after 25 years... and no, no track to clean either!

And it'll fit in your pocket.

Randy

Paul,

Down here in Florida it is a NBNA state, (No basement, No attic). When I moved own here from Maryland in 1989 I brought my N scale trains with me but I have never had a place to use them. Then came MSTS and then OR and I have been happy ever since. Especially with all your routes, I have and use every one.
    Paul

Like I said, I kept building HO equipment that ended up collecting dust on a shelf. I had too much time on my hands and every time something interesting came on the market I ended up buying it. Now I'm building all those "dream layouts" in MSTS and running them in OR.

Started a TEE-Train the other day, just about bought one back in 1981 but it would have cost over three car payments!

First things first thank you Paul for your time and energy on this project, it really shows and makes a great first impression to your work!

Going along with the conversation about digital model railroading, I've really focused my "collection" around Y2K era CP, but regardless of the era the attention to detail/operations caught my eye when you first announced it and decided to try something familiar but different/new, "No benchwork?! bonus!!". Having said that, I'm still not much of a steam guy, so Abitibi has leased out 1601 from the ONR today...

After pulling their empties off track 2, 1601 heads down the hill to start pulling and spotting the paper shed.

Heading for the "top of the Falls" after pulling all the releases

Now up at the ONR interchange, 1601 grabs the tall switch and pulls out to leave these cars in track 2 for 414 to grab later, before grabbing a few of the empties on track 3.

Back down in the plant, 1601 grabbed one extra car off the cleaning tracks to finish spotting the paper shed, seen here topping off APP Paper 2 to spot.

"Shed's full!" or whatever Bill Murray said, ready to head back to the shop for lunch.

Colin
    Last edited by Mile122; 06-17-2022 at 02:17 PM.

Have fun with it Colin... Abitibi 80 is an S-4 by the way!