Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ontario Northland

I don't have those either. However I have 15 acts in total which is what I believe the documentation stated.
    Regards,

Nick

boffin0 on TikTok

Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

Quote Originally Posted by derekmorton View Post
    Hi Paul,

I am running tr_152 and I am getting zero speed in the track monitor, did you get that when you tested it?
    I am running ORMG 124.
    Derek,

I'm running ORMG 124 also but the track speed shows up for me in the monitor.
    Regards,

Nick

boffin0 on TikTok

Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

Hi Derek,

I do get the speeds in OR.

The train starts out in WELSH yars and rund to Iroquoois Falls as an Extra, then trurns and heads south the Kelso as train 414, it all in the same activity just as 314-313-311 are all one activity.

Paul :-)

Paul,

Thank you for another outstanding route from the "King of Route Builders". I have all of your creations and they just keep getting better and better!
    Route runs fine in OR and also on my ancient XP game computer at 1920X1080 resolution utilizing Noli's MSTS wide screen patch with everything maxed out.

Phil

Hi Phil;

Thanks, I always wanted to do an ONR route, lived in North Bay when I was a kid back in the late 1960s.

Hi Paul,

In my early flying career in the 70's, the charter company I worked for then out of Buffalo, did a ton of charter flights up to North Bay as well as Muskoka. I always thoroughly enjoyed those flights. Beautiful scenery and the most friendly people.

Phil

My father was in the RCAF and worked down in SAGE in the late 1960s, we lived in the city a few blocks away from Lake Nippissing. I could go to the sidewalk in front of our house and see the CN crossing two blocks away and the CP crossing two block away from it. My brother moved back and bough a house in the same block, he can see our old kitchen from his kitchen!

Paul,

My only dealings with the RCAF was in North Bay, which was a joint military/civilian airfield. Years ago, I flew into North Bay and was asked if I wouldn't mind if their RCAF radar guy could give me vectors for a PAR approach (Precision Approach Radar). Seems they needed to give a few PAR's per month to maintain proficiency. Worked out well for me and the radar operator. Never did one again and they're pretty much obsolete nowadays.

Phil

Hi Phil,

Think they were called GCA (Ground Control Approaches) approaches when my brother was taking flying leasons in Greenwood, NS when I was a teens. I was a student glider pilot back then, didn't do too much with radar approached!

Hi Paul,

Yup...GCA. There was an SAR which was Surveillance Approach Radar which just gave heading info to the pilot and then PAR which gave very accurate heading and glide slope info for landing in bad visibility. I think the military might still use PAR but I believe it's pretty much disappeared from the civilian world. In 40 years and 20,000 hours of professional flying, the only time I did a PAR approach was in the long ago and far away at North Bay.
    I like the story of your brother moving back to his old neighborhood. Seems you can go home again!

Phil