Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Ontario Northland

Yes, CN allowed GO to run with a control cab at the head end half the day but not ONR's TEE-Train, saying it was dangerous... go figure!

Paul :-)

Uploaded to the library... ONR TEE-Trains. A set that includes all you need to make either the original Ontario Northland "Northlander" with the Werkspoor power unit, or the later FP7Am the ONR converted to replace them. Two activities are also included for Trains 121 and 122.

Thank you Paul,

I will check them out.

Robert

Hi Paul,

Overall I really like your TEE train.

I did make a couple observations though,

Would it be possible to smooth out the ditch lights on the front of the TEE driving trailer please. They look very blotchy or early MSTS days type stuff. In TSM this should be the poly smoothing feature.

Second,

I'd like a FP7am with the ditch lights on the front like ONR did to mimic those on the TEE cab car.
    https://www.systracanada.com/IMG/jpg...0_1490x824.jpg

Also the port hole windows on the sides.

Thank you kindly.

Robert

You need to learn how to draw this stuff yourself. I've already spent about 120 hours to draw something I was having a bit of fun with and I was kind enough to share it. If you don't like it, find a way to fix it yourself, I was done with it the moment it was uploaded.

Paul

Hi Paul,

It's impossible to fix it without the original source material.

I've not got the time nor the interest in building models these days.

I hardly ever play with MSTS/ORTS anymore.

Just too busy with life and work nowadays.

Robert

The other day someone posted a screenshot of an activity that was taken during winter. I thought it odd that most of his tracks didn't have snow on them and his trackside vegetation was still green. After a few exchanges I started looking through the saved versions of the ONR route only to find that while the copy I have here has 129 Snow textures, the same copy that I ran through Route-Riter and used their "Compact Route" feature not only removed any unwanted files but also removed 46 snow texture files. Over the years I've had Route-Riter remove the odd file that was still needed in the route, but bever this bad.

As a result, I've had Nels remove the ONR route from the library and this morning it was replaced with the route after it was run through Route-Riter without using the Compact Route, only deleted the raw terrain files that will regenerate the first time you open the route.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by charland View Post
    ... only deleted the raw terrain files that will regenerate the first time you open the route.
    For Clarification, since this is an Open Rails forum: (...referring to the e.raw and n.raw files ) raw terrain files only generate when you open the route if you are using MSTS. OR does not use or need the e.raw and n.raw files. If you do not use MSTS you can safely delete all e.raw and n.raw files found in the "TILES" folder and gain some disk space.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

The route will open in both Open Rails and MSTS, didn't think it was necessary to post the same thing to two forums.

Paul, please mentally strikeout phrase "since this is an Open Rails forum" since it was irrelevant and not to my point. Just trying to add some information tangentially relevant to topic, since some folks may not know this about the e and n raw file in the TILES folder. Apologies.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.