Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mullan Timetable consists??

Question Mullan Timetable consists??

I just downloaded the zip file of ortsmullantimetable this morning and all set to go to run on the route with TrainSimulations Mullan Route but there aren't any train consists that are used for this timetable activity that Nate C created. I am not sure where are these train consists from and do I have to create them or Nate is supposed to have the train consists included in the zip file of ortsmullantimetable?

Thank you,

John

Quote Originally Posted by cn bala View Post
    I just downloaded the zip file of ortsmullantimetable this morning and all set to go to run on the route with TrainSimulations Mullan Route but there aren't any train consists that are used for this timetable activity that Nate C created. I am not sure where are these train consists from and do I have to create them or Nate is supposed to have the train consists included in the zip file of ortsmullantimetable?

Thank you,

John
    Thanks for checking out the timetable,

The timetable uses the consists that come default with the route, as there is plenty of them and they're all unique. I didn't make or include any since it would be a waste of time and effort on my part, having to make consists even though there are consists for every train over the route already pre-made. I did say in the readme that "because the timetable uses default consists, you need to have all of the default consists files intact from the default install of the route for this timetable to work."
    I'm not sure if newer/older purchases of the route from TrainSimulations have different consists, but I assumed they wouldn't have been changed so I decided to keep the timetable with the default consists.

If you're unable to get it to work with the default consists, or my fresh install of the route that I made the timetable on is a newer/older version with different consists, I will make a fix that will include new consists and a fixed timetable.

Nate -- You don't need to create new consists as I found them in another folder which is not in TrainSimulations main folder. All is good to run but got the error message and will post my new message here.

Thank you,

John

Hmm, interesting. I assumed that the route installed to the regular TrainSimulations folder like all the other routes, but I wasn't able to confirm since I install everything in their own installation profile folder to avoid running DRGW on Mullan Pass or vice versa, for example.
    Are you using Open Rails Monogame? It's a known problem that it doesn't work in Monogame versions of Open Rails, and I'm not entirely sure why. The game tries to find a non-existant folder and I haven't been able to find what's causing the issue.

You don't make any sense to me?
    If there is a bug MG, please post it?

Do you install every route in its own profile folder?
    Cheers
    Derek

Quote Originally Posted by derekmorton View Post
    You don't make any sense to me?
    If there is a bug MG, please post it?

Do you install every route in its own profile folder?
    At the bottom of the timetable modes I produce that I know will have errors in Monogame, I put "It is a known bug that it is broken in ORTS Monogame, and I am unsure how to fix this." The error that I get when trying to launch my timetable modes in Monogame is "An essential folder is missing and Open Rails Ultimate cannot continue. C:\ORTS Profiles\TSMullanPass\Routes\Routes\Activities\Wor ld". I assume it's looking for the *.timetable_or file in an incorrect location, and I have no idea why its trying to look through 2 routes folders to get there. It seems to me like its an issue with Monogame itself (or at least my install of it) because I get an identical error with timetable modes that weren't produced by me.

And yes, I do install every route in its own profile folder. My OCD acts up if I run something from, for example, the TS Seligman on the TS Mullan even though they both include basically the same rolling stock. It makes me uncomfortable when running things knowing the rolling stock installed in the same installation profile of the route wasn't directly made for it. I separate them into different profile folders with a naming standard to keep everything nice and organized, and I don't think it messes with anything when I go to make things like timetable modes or OR physics conversions and release them to the file library.

Quote Originally Posted by ngc427 View Post
    ...The game tries to find a non-existant folder and I haven't been able to find what's causing the issue.
    The only reason OR would try to find a non-existent folder is that somewhere you have a path string that is pointing to that folder...which presumably does not exist. OR doesn't make up folders and then goes looking for them...something in your setup is asking for resources at that location. ( could be something as simple as a missing space, spelling error, etc. )
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by ngc427 View Post
    At the bottom of the timetable modes I produce that I know will have errors in Monogame, I put "It is a known bug that it is broken in ORTS Monogame, and I am unsure how to fix this." The error that I get when trying to launch my timetable modes in Monogame is "An essential folder is missing and Open Rails Ultimate cannot continue. C:\ORTS Profiles\TSMullanPass\Routes\Routes\Activities\Wor ld". I assume it's looking for the *.timetable_or file in an incorrect location, and I have no idea why its trying to look through 2 routes folders to get there. It seems to me like its an issue with Monogame itself (or at least my install of it) because I get an identical error with timetable modes that weren't produced by me.

And yes, I do install every route in its own profile folder. My OCD acts up if I run something from, for example, the TS Seligman on the TS Mullan even though they both include basically the same rolling stock. It makes me uncomfortable when running things knowing the rolling stock installed in the same installation profile of the route wasn't directly made for it. I separate them into different profile folders with a naming standard to keep everything nice and organized, and I don't think it messes with anything when I go to make things like timetable modes or OR physics conversions and release them to the file library.
    Nate...the trouble is not with OR MG or your install of it, it is how you've installed --- or probably mis-installed your content or the folder structures.
    Nate in the bold underlined above it shows OR looking for a "World" folder in your activities folder --- there should NOT be a World folder in your activities folder. Also you'll have to try to conquer your OCD and follow install directions for TrainSimulations content which require their own GLOBAL and SOUND folders...install them any other way and problems could follow. ( unless you really know what you are doing...and are totally familiar with the folders and files being used. )

C:\ORTS Profiles\TSMullanPass\Routes\Routes\Activities\Wor ld
    bandicam 2021-04-14 16-33-38-461.jpg<<<here's my install of Mullan...where the routes "World" folder is located. Show me a screenshot of the exact same thing in your setup...and also a screenshot of the contents of your "ACTIVITIES" folder.

***Note --- the space in the word "World" above is an artifact of the forums software.
    Last edited by R. Steele; 04-14-2021 at 07:50 PM.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    Show me a screenshot of the exact same thing in your setup...and also a screenshot of the contents of your "ACTIVITIES" folder.
    activities.JPG

world.JPG

There are screenshots of my world and activities folder. I installed the route straight from the installer, just to a different directory from the default and haven't changed anything with it other than making & adding the timetable mode, so the only difference should be a different root folder name.

Running the H-PASNTW, the run starts with a non-clearing jackpot at the shorty Avon siding. 2 EB's waiting on a WB that doesn't fit between switches, plus 2 more WB's queued at West and East Elliston unable to go farther. With all opposing traffic somewhere east of Garrison, player had the main all the way through Missoula.

Changing the EB and WB paths to eliminate passing paths at Avon, the sim started with the jackpot gone and all WBs were spread out west of Garrison. The first WB was approaching Bonner, so the player gets crossed over at DeSmet and runs out of track authority at the radio-controlled (non-signalled) crossovers at the west throat of Missoula yard, kinda sets up a passing loop west of yard and will not allow player to pass through yard area on north (siding?) track. I have doubts the 'dispatcher' as its currently coded is capable of recognizing long loop zones passing thru so many switch nodes along the way. Probably more suited to path them as one way current-of-traffic zones.

One other suggestion is don't start the paths quite so close to the end of track. The area is on a grade and trains roll backwards after entering sim and releasing brakes. By the time the GE's load up and start to pull, the train has rolled back and is soooo close to bouncing off the end of track 'bumper', which resets the physics to hard stop again. Cant throttle up too fast to 'lean on em' to avoid bounce off 'bumper' or you break knuckles.