Thread: Australian Diamond

Default Australian Diamond

This is cool

Rail tracks crossing rail tracks at this unusual railway crossing. A sugar cane narrow gauge railway train crosses the mainline in Queensland, Australia. If a standard diamond crossing was used, there would have to be speed restrictions imposed on the high speed mainline trains. This drawbridge style crossing avoids such restrictions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho8AzAm9f54

My only question is what's up with the shopping cart train My son says it's for sugarcane. But he does more research than me.

"A sugar cane narrow gauge railway train crosses the mainline in Queensland, Australia"
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorSean View Post
    My only question is what's up with the shopping cart train...
    The answer to that question is in your description of the video.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

I understand what it is, just looks like shopping carts to me The description was copied from YouTube. Just having some fun. It looks very unique.

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorSean View Post
    My only question is what's up with the shopping cart train My son says it's for sugarcane. But he does more research than me.
    Yes that is correct. Used to transport the sugar cane from the field to the factory. They have to be light weight because they are winched onto trucks (or trailers pulled by a farm tractor) at a siding and taken to the field to be filled by the harvester.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jBGTabSVeE

Fascinating video - Thanks.
    Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

Probably designed the rolling stock to the specifications of the sugar cane business.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Your welcome.

Thanks for letting me know all these other details. One of these days if the world ever gets back to normal and I have money to travel I'd love to visit the land down under.

Thanks

Sean