Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TRS19-SP3 Released - allows custom physics with TNI

Default TRS19-SP3 Released - allows custom physics with TNI

TRS-19 SP3 Official Release
    Details found HERE

From the release info:
    In terms of features, we've exposed the full train physics system through our Trainz Native Interface system so that 3rd parties can create their own train physics, and added support for the latest Apple OS and hardware updates.

Still daylight in tunnels, rain coming through buildings. Rain absent from loco windscreens. Non functioning UK AWS or ATC. It is in the cab of some loco's but does nothing but ring a bell or sound warning. Doesn't actually stop the service if it SPAD's. Surveyor is great for route building, but once you build your dream route.

Running it is as realistic as a Triang trainset.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

A fair bit of negative feedback too regarding the patch on the official forum. Looks like QA up to N3V's usual standard, with a couple of 11 tear olds running Thomas round an oval track a couple of times, then giving the thumbs up...
    Vern.

It gets old Vern, pointing out the same old faults and short comings year after year.

Maybe i should just shut the hell up.

Better go have a browse of their forum though.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Hello,
    I have Trainz Plus so I get beta releases and I read the beta forum daily. SP3 is fine. Most complaints are from people who don't know what they are doing and/or don't maintain their assets. Since most assets are user/3rd party creations you must keep the asset db up to date, clean, and repaired. With every beta and official release a db update should be run, but seldom do users do that. I have no issues with my installs other than known, documented, issues. People have no understanding how to maintain a "clean" TRS-19 install. I can't remember the the last time I had a crash, or similar problem. Don't get me wrong. N3V has lot's of room to improve in many areas. Documention, communication, etc etc. They make too many versions (people don't even realize which version they have) and they have "buy" and "subscription" available. It's very confusing if you are an "average" user. But there is nothing wrong with SP3 release.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    A fair bit of negative feedback too regarding the patch on the official forum. Looks like QA up to N3V's usual standard, with a couple of 11 tear olds running Thomas round an oval track a couple of times, then giving the thumbs up...
    What a mis-characterization. I'm on the Trainz forums every day and you are so off base. If you don't like the Trainz franchise that's fine. You have every right. In fact, I support your right to reject it. But to suggest that users are 11 year olds running Thomas??? That's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
    What a mis-characterization. I'm on the Trainz forums every day and you are so off base. If you don't like the Trainz franchise that's fine. You have every right. In fact, I support your right to reject it. But to suggest that users are 11 year olds running Thomas??? That's funny.
    You obviously don’t appreciate irony, mate.
    Point is, routes built in SP2 now having major corruption of spline elements in SP3 is no joke. The official forum is full of fanbois and acolytes but there was at least one guy looking at over a year of work on his route, ruined.
    Vern.

I read that post. I downloaded the route and it is fine in my install. I don't find any of the "floating" objects he describes.

Also, during all the beta released I tracked that issue and a solution was offered. Route builders really need to follow the beta forum closely and they would be aware of all these things. Also, he did not simply have a backup of SP2 and his route he could go to? That is HIS fault. That's like blaming Microsoft if your hard drive crashes and you lose all your files because of no backup.

Sorry I missed the irony. Out of all the many users, why does only one person post about this particular issue? I am not defending Trainz/N3V or anything like that. They have their problems and issue like everyone else. But when analzying things we need to be honest about it. N3V is making big changes to the game. And quickly. Frankly, I'm surprised they are doing as well as they are at keeping things running. In the SP3 release post on the forums Tony mentions a new "Surveyor 2" coming up. I have Plus so I'll see it all through it's progress. But many will totally ignore that heads-ups and "be surprised" in Dec (or whenever) when "suddenly" Surveyor is different. They will then post about the lack of warning and sudden change that affects their route creation.

The problem is though, again IMHO, they try to change too much within each version of the game. So that TRS19 original is a completely different beast to what it has become with SP3. Major changes should really be kept for the next complete new edition.

If Surveyor 2 incorporates some of the many changes and improvements requested over the years, I will be the first to admit pleasant surprise. But who knows with N3V...
    Vern.

Irony irony they................. oh nooooooooo that was infamy infamy they have it infamy.

What's this Surveyor 2 Vern please ?

And please change your avatar. All this sexual tension is not good for me at my age.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd