Thread: Signaling Conundrum

Default Signaling Conundrum

I'm sure this has come up before, but I'm not finding a simple fix...

Prototype for CNW... Interlockings have two headed signals. Top head is the home signal and allows entry into the interlocking (either clear or approach).

Second head will be red for a thru path, and yellow for diverging path.

If there are multiple diverging paths in the interlocking, that second head will show yellow regardless if it's the first, second, or N-th path inside the interlocking.

All good for a simple interlocking with one diverging path, but problem is... the ORTS signaling code as I understand it and the TDB definition for a signal will only allow one path to be linked to that head.

Short of breaking with prototype and adding heads for each diverging route, has anyone found a way to address this? Or is a code fix really needed to add some logic?

Could do define a signal that had multiple heads one for each diverging route, but have the coordinates of the head such that they all align to a single head location so that it still looks like 2 heads? The script logic would have to be written so that red only shows if no diverging route is selected. Just a thought.

I have seen over at ElvasTower discussions of new ORTS signaling functions, maybe someone has already added something that would handle this situation.

Jon

Yep, thought about the overlapping signal already. Need to have a black lens to overlay the red when yellow is displayed...

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

OK, for those who don't follow Elvas, there's another solution....

In the signal script, the second head can be linked to a node at the exit of the interlocking and check for !Route_Set() (e.g. Route_Set = false then set state to APPROACH) which worked... but it uncovered a different set of worms...

In TSRE, it looks like you can only protect a junction if both red poles are visible. It won't let me select the trailing point exit from an interlocking when the next junction is too far away.

Code:
    A [-----------3\--------/6----------------- ]
    B [-------/2----\4----5/------7\----------- ]
    C [-----1/----------------------\8--------- ]
    For a two-headed interlocking signal on Track B, the first head appears to default to node 2-4.

For !Route_Set() to work, the second head needs to be linked to node 7-N (where N is the next junction in the vector)

If the next junction is in a tile that's actively loaded, it will link just fine for 7-N.

If junction N is not visible, TSRE won't link to that node. The only node I can select would be 4-5 or 5-7.

There seems to be a restriction that only links if the red poles are visible, which won't always be the case.

I posted this over on Goku's forum, but may see if it's possible to link 5-7 and update the TDB manually to 7-N.

Worst case I can add a dummy node outside the interlocking...