Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UP Cima Sub Error

Default UP Cima Sub Error

Atfer downloading jeff's UP Cima Sub and installing i keeping getting 1 error every time i launch ( Missing Tr_RouteFile in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\ROUTES\Cima\openrails\Cima.trk:line 3 ) is there a problem with a line or something? cause i can't find anyother UP lines beside this that seem cool.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Jack,
    There should be a space line above the 'include ( ../Cima.trk )' line in the Cima.trk file in the OpenRails folder.

Cheers,
    Ged

so what do i look for when i get it open never played with .trk files and compairing to another route nothen seem's to missing either.

zip up and attach the file C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\ROUTES\Cima\openrails\Cima.trk

Then read this tutorial about installing MSTS on Win 10

https://msts.steam4me.net/tutorials/...sts_win10.html

and take note how you disregarded the BIG RED BOLD words

DO *NOT* INSTALL MSTS TO THE SUGGESTED DEFAULT FOLDER

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\ROUTES" shows proof of your error

MSTS was coded in the Win XP/Win 95 era when the Program Files folder was not so strictly controlled by the operating system like it is in later versions of Windows. Modern OSes (since Vista) have placed that folder on lockdown.

So we often end up with people whose Open Rails enjoyment is hobbled or made perpetually buggy by OS security because some lame-ass installer of a lame-ass 20 year old application known as MSTS sent them there. This is why people learn to install and enjoy Open Rails without ever needing to first install some crutch of an application known as MSTS.

Oh, the grief of reinstalling so much *stuff* because the MSTS installer is too old and mis-directs the innocents....

i feel like a fool not paying attention to details

Hi Jack,
    First of all, you zipped up the main .trk file, not the one from the OpenRails folder, as requested by geepster!

Secondly, your main .trk file has some spurious characters at its end! The last two lines should be :
    TempRestrictedSpeed ( 6.7056 )
    )
    Yours has :
    TempRestrictedSpeed ( 6.7056 )

)56 )
    )
    )))
    )))
    ))))))))
    I suggest you delete everything from '56' to the end (the extra space line won't have any detrimental effect).

Cheers,
    Ged

Quote Originally Posted by Railfan Jack View Post
    i feel like a fool not paying attention to details

Don't be too hard on yourself. The Pandemic has been re-uniting people all around the world with their dust-covered MSTS discs found at the bottom of their file cabinets or desk drawers. A lot has changed on the PC since they were last used. This website as being the self-annointed premier fanbase for MSTS should be doing a much better job in getting the word out about changes in installation protocol such as this. There should be a sticky post headlining the top of plenty of these forum pages, cautioning and educating returning MSTS users. But alas, there is failure in that department as well.

Quote Originally Posted by geepster775 View Post
    Don't be too hard on yourself. The Pandemic has been re-uniting people all around the world with their dust-covered MSTS discs found at the bottom of their file cabinets or desk drawers. A lot has changed on the PC since they were last used. This website as being the self-annointed premier fanbase for MSTS should be doing a much better job in getting the word out about changes in installation protocol such as this. There should be a sticky post headlining the top of plenty of these forum pages, cautioning and educating returning MSTS users. But alas, there is failure in that department as well.
    That is so true. I last dabbled with MSTS around 2005, back in the days of the late great Otto and exciting new inventions like Jim Ward's Invisocar and MSTS Bin (and saving your game every five minutes, just in case....) before returning to the fold 15 years later thanks to the brilliant folks behind Open Rails. So many things to learn/relearn.
    Last edited by niknak; 04-17-2021 at 10:22 AM.
    Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

(ROUTES\Cima\openrails\Cima.trk:line3) after looking closely at the statement of the error i see what i did wrong. I put it under MSTS and not OpenRails, I'll get it fixed today