Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: RTTX Flats

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    QLD, Australia.
    Posts
    225

    Default RTTX Flats

    Work in progress shots of RTTX container and trailer flats



















    Planning to do a pack with 10 container flats and a maybe 6 or so with various trailer combinations.

    I could really use more photos of 28ft trailers (Schneider, Yellow, ABF, etc.) and also photos of any 45ft trailers.

    Cheers,
    David.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    79

    Default

    I don’t think Schneider ever had 28ft trailers

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    .
    Posts
    2,673

    Default

    Overnite, Consolidated Freightways, USF, North American Van Lines, Pacific Intermountain Express (P-I-E), Carolina would be some options

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    1,158

    Default

    These are absolutely fantastic looking!

    If only we still had some decent CLP and VTR 45' trailers kicking around... The company scrapped whatever was left recently..
    https://i.imgur.com/LPZNEX4.png

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Lancaster, Ohio, USA.
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spoony1999 View Post
    I don’t think Schneider ever had 28ft trailers
    I have seen Schneider National 28' pup trailers, but they are rare and dedicated to specific customer accounts.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    403

    Default

    I like those triple 28's. UPS 28' trailers were carried on these cars as well. If I may, could I put in a request for some DODX cars shown in the links below? They carry munitions in the 20' containers.

    Thanks,
    CSX FAN

    http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/sho...spx?id=1237591
    http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/sho...spx?id=2116634
    http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/sho...spx?id=4343845

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    QLD, Australia.
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geepster775 View Post
    Overnite, Consolidated Freightways, USF, North American Van Lines, Pacific Intermountain Express (P-I-E), Carolina would be some options
    Take your camera with you whenever you go out

    Quote Originally Posted by CSRX View Post
    These are absolutely fantastic looking!

    If only we still had some decent CLP and VTR 45' trailers kicking around... The company scrapped whatever was left recently..
    Thanks Shawn. I figured I might have a hard time finding good shots of them. Might have to manipulate photos of 53's

    Quote Originally Posted by cwvs View Post
    I have seen Schneider National 28' pup trailers, but they are rare and dedicated to specific customer accounts.
    That would explain why I could only find 2 photos online. Both photos of the same trailer

    3541762698_511e93b18a_o.jpg3540954691_96596fc1e3_o.jpg

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    QLD, Australia.
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CSX FAN View Post
    I like those triple 28's. UPS 28' trailers were carried on these cars as well. If I may, could I put in a request for some DODX cars shown in the links below? They carry munitions in the 20' containers.

    Thanks,
    CSX FAN

    http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/sho...spx?id=1237591
    http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/sho...spx?id=2116634
    http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/sho...spx?id=4343845
    Supply some high resolution photos of the containers and I'll do them

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    QLD, Australia.
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Finished the container versions. Now on to the trailer versions


















  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    QLD, Australia.
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Part 2








Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->