Thread: Install or not to install ReShade.

Default Install or not to install ReShade.

Hi all,

I have been hearing a lot about ReShade recently and most of it is good. Before I install it I have a few questions.

First of all am I going to take a hit on FPS? I am currently getting 40 to 60 FPS.

Does it work on all routes or just newer routes intended to run with Reshade?

Is the difference noticeable?

That's all the questions I have for now. There may be more as the thread progresses.

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by frliss View Post
    First of all am I going to take a hit on FPS? I am currently getting 40 to 60 FPS.
    Not in my experience and I use it for several games.

Does it work on all routes or just newer routes intended to run with Reshade?
    It acts on the whole simulation, not on individual routes.

Is the difference noticeable?
    Yes. All the different effects are available for tweaking during the operation of the game. You can see what is happening and either leave it on or turn it off. Up to you.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Everything seagoon posted -- with one exception -- some of the textures or shaders, or their application can cause hits on the FPS in OR..at least that's been my experience. You can only use it with the Monogame version of OR...and complete instructions can be found at Elvas Tower in this thread >>> http://www.elvastower.com/forums/ind...g-and-reshade/

**Note there are some versions of ReShade that don't work with OR ( the 4.5 versions or thereabouts )...Ver4.3 mentioned in the above thread works, also I believe the most current version will also work --- I'm using Ver.4.8.2.

*.txt files will work with ReShade..attached is one I'm currently using...among others I'm experimenting with.

ORTS_Shade.txt

You can edit the paths in the file "ReShade.ini" to point to the location of the shaders you download and also to the file that ReShade loads like the txt I've included here.
    Last edited by R. Steele; 04-18-2021 at 09:23 PM.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Thanks for the info. I'll give it a run around the block and see what its like.

Fred