Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cascade Crossing error

Default Cascade Crossing error

SPai 40 auto.con for actives longhaul ai 2 3 8,down the grade .Rout-riter posts service files not found , but in actives it is ok?is there a fix fo this error?

Hi,
    If you are running Cascades Crossing v1.2, neither Route_Riter nor MSTS_ActMan report any missing files. MSTS and Open Rails, likewise, don't report any errors/warnings, although the Player locomotive is shown as 'UNKNOWN' in MSTS, but I haven't found the cause. It doesn't stop it running.

Which version of Route_Riter are you using?
    Where is MSTS installed?
    Have you made modifications to any files?

Cheers,
    Ged

slipperman; rout_riter V7.6, as of this time MSTS is on C drive, open rails also. The only mods to MSTS are Cascades Crossing and the addition of its railroad items all else is stock. Rout_riter's only error file is this con file for the service as specified above.

John

Quote Originally Posted by slipperman View Post
    Hi,
    If you are running Cascades Crossing v1.2, neither Route_Riter nor MSTS_ActMan report any missing files. MSTS and Open Rails, likewise, don't report any errors/warnings, although the Player locomotive is shown as 'UNKNOWN' in MSTS, but I haven't found the cause. It doesn't stop it running.

Which version of Route_Riter are you using?
    Where is MSTS installed?
    Have you made modifications to any files?

Cheers,
    Ged
    UNKNOWN is caused by a case difference in one of the following: the file name, either of the Wagon lines or the Engine line.
    Remember in MSTS Dash9 does not equal DASH9.
    Charles

Hi Charles,
    Thanks, mate, but I appreciate that is the usual cause of "UNKNOWN" - it's one of the checks I included in MSTS_ActMan! Unless I'm going blind, I couldn't see any problem with the player loco's .eng file or consist!! I just revisited it and still can't see anything wrong; I altered the case of one character in the Engine ( value and ActMan reported it (as expected!).

It was a puzzle, but I've solved it! The service file shows : Train_Config ( "SP 50 Lumber" ) but the actual consist name is : sp 50 lumber and the entry in the consist file is : TrainCfg ( "sp 50 lumber". Changing the service file entry to lower case solved the "UNKNOWN" problem.

Sorry, bigjohn for the diversion - I know it doesn't help you. MSTS may be on the C: drive, but in exactly which folder?

Cheers,
    Ged

Ged; Microsoft games (this will soon change to another drive), long haul ai 3 SRV , down the grade ai 2.SRV.
    the train_config( "sp ai 40 auto" ) ai tracfic .

Well, I found the problem a stupid period out of place. was (sp ai 40 auto .con) should have been (sp ai 40 auto.con)very hard to find.
    Thank You all for the help
    bigjohn

Hi John,
    I'm pleased that you've got it sorted, but I'm not certain that was the cause of your problem!
    Service 'down the grade ai 2' has : Train_Config ( "SP AI 40 Auto " ), and consist sp ai 40 auto .con has : TrainCfg ( "sp ai 40 auto "
    Neither my MSTS nor Open Rails reports any problem with that consist.

Cheers,
    Ged

Quote Originally Posted by bigjohn View Post
    Well, I found the problem a stupid period out of place. was (sp ai 40 auto .con) should have been (sp ai 40 auto.con)very hard to find.
    Thank You all for the help
    bigjohn
    The extra space before the ".con" is one of the most common errors found in MSTS activity files. Usually you will have to correct two files, the consist file and also the service file the consist appears in. I've found ( as Ged mentions ) that it is rarely the actual problem, if left uncorrected ---- because both the consist and service file have the same mistake...and it is usually contained within quotes "......". Fixing the consist file only will cause an error because the service file is still looking for an extra space in the name of the consist.
    Last edited by R. Steele; 04-26-2021 at 11:39 AM.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

R.Steele; that is right on the head, I found that item in the service file, all is good now. thank god for actman