Thread: How can I get the Engine controls to display in a box?

Default How can I get the Engine controls to display in a box?

Hi.
    I am running LTV and setting up a couple activities for myself.
    I updated the cabviews for the RS11's with the "RS11 Rebuilts Cabviews" and would like the Engine Controller to display at the bottom of the screen. I'd like to modify so I can see where my settings are on-the-go. I am sure it is simple and that I am missing the obvious. The screenshot is what I'd like to achieve.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Maybe, I did not explain myself completely.
    I want to be able to see the throttle setting show up in a dialog box when I adjust the throttle. The Rs11 cabview I am using does not show the throttle settings.
    There must be a line in either the XXX.eng file or the CABVIEW/'engineName.cvf' that controls this display. I haven't tumbled across it as yet.
    Does anybody know how I can display the throttle as it adjusts?

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

The eng file controls section must match with the cvf file.Why not copy and paste (after saving the originals somewhere) an eng file from a loco that works e.g the sd40-2 ? I have come across this problem several times but for the life of me cannot remember exactly I solved it.

The throttle setting is also shown in the F5 heads up display.

Jon

Thanks for any replies.
    As I study my problem more, I am going to alias the cabview with one that I like, even though it won't be an actual RS11. I like the RS11 cabview I downloaded, except it doesn't show the throttle adjustment in a dialog box as you adjust and so on. I just have to keep a cabview within the dynamic brake version or not.
    It is just a matter of examining the XXX.cvf and the XXX.eng and make sure they are talking the same language.

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

I am not familiar with this cabview,but you have to make sure there is not a mismatch between a combined throttle/dynamic brake statement and separate throttle and brake statements in the eng/cv files.I have found that this has occurred in several payware models.