Thread: Ground textures missing in game

Default Ground textures missing in game

Hello all, i'm new to Open Rails and i been having a strange issue while one route...some areas of the world are missing the texture for the ground, one part that has the ground there then up ahead the ground is gone leaving my train to drive on what looks like the sky...i can see the mountains and buildings and vegetation, but the rails and ground are missing, looks like its flying as under the ground map it looks like the sky. Am I missing some kind of optimization program or is my Open Rails game corrupt, do I need to download something of reinstall the game?

What is the route? Can you provide screenshots or a logfile?
    Nick - Creator of the Virtual Railroading Review Show

If you mixed up the Starter route with other routes already installed, you've probably messed up your installation because the starter route is set to use DDS textures and will overwrite your Global directories.

The ORTS-only routes from TSI need to be in their own set of folders including Global.

Quote Originally Posted by yucca_farmer View Post
    Hello all, i'm new to Open Rails

Always zip up the logfile that should show up on your desktop, and post it here along with your questions or screenshot. This way, troubleshooters can examine your OR options settings as well.

Quote Originally Posted by eolesen View Post
    If you mixed up the Starter route with other routes already installed, you've probably messed up your installation because the starter route is set to use DDS textures and will overwrite your Global directories.

The ORTS-only routes from TSI need to be in their own set of folders including Global.
    I went to Trainsimulations.net and downloaded STARTER ROUTE - BNSF SCENIC SUBDIVISION OpenRails came with the pack, I noticed half way through the route that a large area lost the ground and rails texture, then after a bit they showed up again, almost like something was missing in that area that i passed. Later I went back to Trainsimulations.net and downloaded CP MACTIER ROUTE and again about half way through the ground went missing so i just quit out.

I'm not sure if the routes were mixed, i just ran the installation file provided by them, and it ran both OpenRails and the starter route installations at the same time. Would you suggest that i uninstall everything and reinstall?