Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you upload Open Rails or MSTS Activities to YouTube?

Default How do you upload Open Rails or MSTS Activities to YouTube?

I have noticed that several people have been able to post their Activities to YouTube. I feel ashamed and embarrassed to have to ask this,but believe it or not I actually have no idea!!! I want to do this as I have a great many Custom Activities that I have created that I would like viewed and critiqued. Any help is,as ALWAYS,GREATLY appreciated. Brian

I’ve been using Nvidia GeForce Experience to capture my gameplays. I really enjoy it as records in HD and doesn’t affect FPS quality. It will produce a video file that you can then use to upload to YouTube.

I also give OBS a thumbs up.
    http://www.railsimstuff.com
    3D Canvas/Crafter and Blender User
    formerly The Keystone Works (All Permissions Granted)
    https://github.com/pwillard/MSTS-replacement

Quote Originally Posted by csx8851 View Post
    I’ve been using Nvidia GeForce Experience to capture my gameplays. I really enjoy it as records in HD and doesn’t affect FPS quality. It will produce a video file that you can then use to upload to YouTube.
    It's also very easy to use and to adjust the settings.

In the past I've used Bandicam and Fraps but have dropped them in favour of GeForce Experience.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    It's also very easy to use and to adjust the settings.

In the past I've used Bandicam and Fraps but have dropped them in favour of GeForce Experience.
    I'm using Fraps now. May I know what the advantages of GeForce Experience over Fraps are?

Quote Originally Posted by csantucci View Post
    .....May I know what the advantages of GeForce Experience over Fraps are?
    I just prefer the interface and what seems to be a simpler process.

Although I record in 1440HD I don't upload raw video; I edit it first (Videopad).
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Used both Fraps and Bandicam...found both good...depends on your personal work/play style.

Unless you are playing lots of games and like the GeForce experience I have not found any advantages to using it....some folks like the automatic updating of the drivers...but I've found the whole "GeForce Experience" to be the usual intrusive experience offered by big corp. Manual updating Nvidia drivers is easily accomplished.

Won't anything upload to the TOOB if you have an account ( and conform to the uploading protocols )?
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

I use GeForce as well. It came free with the card drivers, no advertising watermarks, is written by the same company that engineered the card and drivers so they have inside knowledge on how to capture most efficiency. I use a throw-way email that's needed to log in, and just use the basic recording elements, I don't bother with any driver updating via GeForce. Usually the driver updating and fine tuning and custom settings is for the other 'Duty' type games where the latest drivers matter; Open Rails does not fall into that class of game where the latest drivers are that important. I had to remap the one keyboard command to start and stop recording so it didn't conflict with open rails key commands. And that is the only GeForce key I use. Ordinarily, GeForce is usually never loaded, and when I need to record, just load it up, it auto-logs in, and I minimize it. After that the video capture key works.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    ...but I've found the whole "GeForce Experience" to be the usual intrusive experience offered by big corp...
    It's only intrusive if you want it to be and even then no more "intrusive" as having an anti-virus program running in the background 24/7. Far less, in fact (see geepster's post).