Thread: New Metro North by Cory Duguid, Ryan Murphy, Michael Kurras, and Chris Wallace

Default New Metro North by Cory Duguid, Ryan Murphy, Michael Kurras, and Chris Wallace

Hello, I just running this route again after leaving it kind of dormant for a bit. I enjoyed the Original one and thought this one would add to that enjoyment. But alas, only 3 activities and 1 test activity to run.
    Has anyone expanded on the Activity portion of this nicely done route? Will the "Water-Line Route" encompass what is missing here, no scenery (a few stations placed) along the River, but no river modelled. Asking some of the "Experts" here who have done Route-Building, how does one go about getting rid of the "mountains" portrayed, it seems to have that "elasticized scenery" so prevalent in early MLT routes, in that when a hill is reduced, the scenery "pops" up in another place.
    Where there is scenery, it is done Very Well indeed!
    I like running on the NEC, but the Local Trains available for the Metro North route are nice to run. An integrated NEC-Metro North-Water line Route would be the best scenario, I am not a Route Builder, but I can appreciate all the work put in to run this trackage in the M-N Route.
    Even to have someone re-write the original activities to conform to this "New" version would be a plus.
    Just some thoughts from an Old Railroader, Mechanic, Machinist soon to be 70 and enjoying Train-Simming.

From what I can gather, this was probably released as a beta type route/upgrade with the intent that the modeler would finish with future updates. I wish I could tell you more but my involvement with this project ended years ago and since handed off.
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic75077_5.gif
    Cory Duguid
    US NAVY VET

Quote Originally Posted by captain82 View Post
    From what I can gather, this was probably released as a beta type route/upgrade with the intent that the modeler would finish with future updates. I wish I could tell you more but my involvement with this project ended years ago and since handed off.
    Yes, I gathered that from the way the route text was worded, with the intent of returning to it. With all the Paths corrected/changed, the old/previous activities will not work. Maybe I will just re-install the older one again to run.

Quote Originally Posted by Don6218 View Post
    Hello, I just running this route again after leaving it kind of dormant for a bit. I enjoyed the Original one and thought this one would add to that enjoyment. But alas, only 3 activities and 1 test activity to run.
    Has anyone expanded on the Activity portion of this nicely done route? Will the "Water-Line Route" encompass what is missing here, no scenery (a few stations placed) along the River, but no river modelled. Asking some of the "Experts" here who have done Route-Building, how does one go about getting rid of the "mountains" portrayed, it seems to have that "elasticized scenery" so prevalent in early MLT routes, in that when a hill is reduced, the scenery "pops" up in another place.
    Where there is scenery, it is done Very Well indeed!
    I like running on the NEC, but the Local Trains available for the Metro North route are nice to run. An integrated NEC-Metro North-Water line Route would be the best scenario, I am not a Route Builder, but I can appreciate all the work put in to run this trackage in the M-N Route.
    Even to have someone re-write the original activities to conform to this "New" version would be a plus.
    Just some thoughts from an Old Railroader, Mechanic, Machinist soon to be 70 and enjoying Train-Simming.
    I've got some explaining to do:

Short Answer: Time

Long Answer:

1. I'm an inconsistent lazy route builder with small peaks of motivation. Right now I'm fixing up the PRR, even though I should be working on my NEC I never finished (or released) while fixing up the Metro North New Haven Route.

2. Not good with scenery. Blillpers is 10x better. He knows both route building and shape building. I'm more interested in his route than my work done on the Metro North New Haven Line.

3. I extended the PRR to Boston South so I've been playing around with that more often. 150mph on the Acela is brief, but fun.

4. What killed me big time was re-building NYP. I'm throwing in the towel with this for now. Track building that station makes my brain melt no matter how small I split the sections. I'm on my 5th attempt.

5. I'm practicing the OR/TSRE5 method of making activities. Takes longer but advanced AI shunting is a real treat to play with.

To answer the mountains question and scenery popping. I just set my viewing distance to 4000m.

Thank you for that quick reply.
    I have reinstalled the older one and I am again enjoying it. I did aa fair amount of "remodeling" on it with my rudimentary skills, but to my enhanced enjoyment. Tracklaying is beyond my pay-scale as is activity making. I have tried both and I suck at both. I really do not have the patience anymore.
    You guys did a great job with what is done on that route. It just needs someone to redo the existing activities, with more traffic to have a really nice Train - Time.