Thread: Track Rules and Properties

Default Track Rules and Properties

I have used multiple (by mistake) track rule in my route network. This means that several tracks have different speed limits by default. Is there any way I can edit them all at once and make a uniform track rule with uniform speed limits. I am using TS2021. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by shivanshumay05 View Post
    I have used multiple (by mistake) track rule in my route network. This means that several tracks have different speed limits by default. Is there any way I can edit them all at once and make a uniform track rule with uniform speed limits. I am using TS2021. Thanks.
    I don't think you can select the whole lot and fix it. You're in for a lot of work pending on how big the route is. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. The physics are so poor in the game it either makes or breaks you track speed wise if you obey the speed limit. I don't observe the "required limit."

Some well tell you that one can't mix track rules. You can as long as your track doesn't cross another track with a different track rule. If you got to cross over, make it the same track rule for the crossover. You can say use a Raton Pass track rule with say 3DS Trains Scalerail. Along long as you don't publish it on the Steam workshop (It's a joke anyhow) or Steam it's self, you be fine. You publish on either Steam site DTG will INSIST on DTG track with DTG track rules among other BS. Just say no.

I eventually came across a post in a forum in Trainsim or somewhere else (I don't remember). It said to use TS Tools. I opened my tracks.bin file using my TS Tools and replaced all the specific track rules with the required one.