Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What does Hyrail add?

First, I do wish you well. I had 3x Heart BiPass just over 3 years ago, and a stent placed two months ago. I certainly appreciate the mental and physical strain heart disease can cause.

Second, I'm elated to see new material is in the work. With the SunRail restrictions, it make since to expand the Southeast world to compensate for decreased rail work on the A line. (Of course we are free to assume SunRail never happened for the purpose of the simulator).

I wish you well, and please keep us posted, even if progress has to be slow.

I hope Run8 creators are encouraged to perhaps update the game with new content of their own. I really wish articulated well and spine cars were released. Even if they can't work auto generated trains, we really need them given intermodal importance IMHO.

working on something I have been desperately wanting at Rice Yard
    note these are not in the sim, this is still a work in progress

Hey Jason, quick question, are you going to upgrade and put the diamond in Waycross?

The answer to this is a firm no, we designed the Layout of that area to 2005 standards before the diamond was put in, the diamond was a railroad decision to increase traffic efficiency in that area, it would IMHO make the are not as operationally interesting, same with Double tracking the A Line From Deland South for SunRail, and for that matter even replacing the current signal system with all Vaders

Single tracks with sidings is indeed more interesting. Planning and coordinating meets require constant monitoring as opposed to the double track from LA to Seligman.

No lie, Danny's videos make you yearn for the S-Line. I understand that might be taking development in a different direction. That said, I look forward to any improvements or additions. Expanding west and/or north of Waycross would be cool. Really any changes would be welcomed.

well if I live that long the plan is to expand North to Savannah and South to Tampa and most likely add Kingsland in the Jacksonville area,
    Savannah would add more to Amtrak (Crew Change) and a port/intermodal facility, Tampa would add Tampa Union Station, Yeoman and Uceta Yards and possibly Tropicana in Bradenton, then one might be able to do the Florida Business Unit and all the Phosphate mines.

I'm thinking of adding Baldwin as well, but no plan to do the S line at this point