Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DEM Help Needed!

Anytime Andre. You're the 2nd colleague I have fixed files for. The other lad just needed the hi-res files
    massaged so they would work with DEMEX. You wuz up late, 1am?, and you are out in Oklahoma. I
    was long making z's by then with 2 cats sharing my bed, also making z's. Reminds me of the old west,
    when the traveler, staying over night at some inn, would rent a cat to keep his feet warm. The owner
    of the B&B we will stay at in Chama, NM has 3 pet cats, so I may ask her what one rents for?

Jerry

Good morning Jerry!

I'm typically a night owl. Always have been. Worked great for me during my transportation dept railroading years.

(Nothing like climbing aboard an engine on a cold-azz morning at 2 AM fixin' to put in 12 hours. Frankly, I didn't mind it in the least IF the engine had a good heater!)

Wow... typing the above I just had some flashbacks:

* Hearing the cinders crunch beneath my feet and feeling the bite of a cold clear night with a billion stars overhead, as I strolled to the waiting set of power to throw my grip on and climb aboard.

* Sitting in on a yard track on a cold night feeling cozy warm in the set of idling power as I settle in for a nap to await the connection train to arrive or the yard switcher to finish so I can hook on and head out.

* And so it goes...

Retirement is strange. Oft times filled with mental playbacks and snapshots of a life lived.

A follow up pic...

A very poor attempt at capturing night time railroading (long before carrying a camera on the RR was verboten).

Terrible night: Rainy, cold... BUT... the engines had good heaters! (Each lead engine having a good heater is important when you have to swap ends during the run!)

What you're seeing...

I'm on loan-out somewhere in western Kansas. The train is a meet I've been waiting on...

I can remember such scenes like they were yesterday... but it sure wasn't "just yesterday". (It's beginning to be measured in decades.)

Attached Images Attached Images