Thread: TSRE loading at tile boundaries

Default TSRE loading at tile boundaries

Hi all, fairly new to route creation. I am working on adding on to an existing route that I purchased. When traveling around the route in TSRE I can fly through tile boundaries with no lag on the existing part of the route with full detail. However when I reach the new tiles that I have added with little to no items placed, TSRE will stall for a few seconds to load. It seems that each tile boundary I cross takes longer to load and eventually a total freeze and crash happens. I have used TSRE to add the new tiles with elevation data and satellite image overlays. I make sure to only have a couple of satellite overlays active at most, but the lag happens even when I have no overlays active. I have added about 25 miles of track and tiles and now I cannot travel the length of the addition with out crashing. I can run a train across it in Openrails with no issue. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Steven

Hmm, I don't know if this helps, but take a look at the terttex folder. The satellite images usually have a size of about 50MB. I compress mine with AceIt to DXT, so a size of 9 MB remains.

Greetings, Jan

Correct. Convert those to DXT compression...

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Thanks, I will try that.