Thread: Adding a restricted speed zone

Default Adding a restricted speed zone

Hi all,

I am trying to add a restricted speed zone using TSRE5.

I have been able to place the zone using the activity mode. After switching to the objects mode I have been able to extend the zone over the desired length of track. Finally returning to the activity mode I saved the activity.

The problem that I am having is that when I run the activity I do not see the restricted speed zone.

The speed zone is visible in the editor but not in the activity.

BTW The instruction manual mentions nothing about restricted speed zones.

What am I doing wrong?

Fred

Question

Quote Originally Posted by frliss View Post
    The problem that I am having is that when I run the activity I do not see the restricted speed zone.

The speed zone is visible in the editor but not in the activity.
    Hi Fred,

I have successfully used restricted speed zones in several activities I built recently for the LIRR route. I used TSRE 0.699 to insert the marker and set its size. When the activities are run with Open Rails, I see a tiny marker bedside the track (very easily overlooked) but the track monitor (F4) shows a RED "15" and displays the distance to the start of the zone.

When you open your activity again with the TSRE activity editor, is the zone still there? And is it on the track where your player train will pass?

Regards,
    Dan

Dan,

When I reopen the editor the zone is present, there is no red line on the track monitor, and the zone is in the path of the train. It's on a stretch of single track.

I am using version 0.6958 of the editor. I'll download the latest version and see what happens.

Fred