Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TSW2 Rush Hour

Thumbs down TSW2 Rush Hour

I must rush out and get the Rush Hour addon.................... NOT.

https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/...world/rushhour

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

London to Brighton has the potential to be good, but yet again they are setting it in the ultra modern era with bland boring Electrostars. Would have been better in the 70's with BR Blue, CIG's, VEP's and EPB's.
    Mind you just have to read through the Suggestions forum at DTG and the West Cornwall threads in particular to see all the whippersnappers clamouring for modern plastic, makes me start to feel quite old...
    Vern.

Never going to get anything other than modern stuff Vern. Shambles of a railway system has been privatised for 25 years now.

Anyone under that age doesn't know anything else. So it's the plastic multi liveried railway or nothing.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

metalangel Guest

Didn't DTG say something about only wanting to model trains they could get physical access to for the purposes of taking photos and sound recordings?

I'm heartened that they are trying to bring the game world to life, which seems long overdue, but I still wouldn't trust them to get it right.

Boston to Providence is yet another 30 minute run if in a high speed train, just over 40 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    I must rush out and get the Rush Hour addon.................... NOT.

Mike.

The konsole-kiddies will love it, Mike.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Yup they will Bruce and Vern

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

My hopes for the Brighton Line or Rush Hour in general not being improved by the latest botch job which apparently is what the Hamburg to Lubeck route has released as. Multiple threads springing up at the DTG forum about bugs and general lack of QA attention. That and the uninspiring prospect of the 8 mile Cathcart Circle makes me begin to think there is something seriously amiss. I know Covid isn't making it easy with probably all the staff working from home, but that's what conferencing is for. Probably need to retitle the forthcoming release, "Rushed Hour".
    Vern.

metalangel Guest

I think DTG has made the wrong decision in trying to chase all the grasping children who want a constant stream of content, a la "live service" games like Destiny and The Division. You see them in the Truck Sim communities, too, demanding more map addons (and faster!), more trucks and more cargos (and faster!) and then, like a swarm of locust, they completely consume the new stuff within hours of its release and go back to squeaking for more. When they finally tire of the game or run out of things to do, they're at a loss, and post a thread to this effect, asking what to do with themselves. You try to explain that you don't play simulators intending to 'beat' or '100%' them, and they just don't understand.

DTG should, IMHO, be focused on doing a small handful of new routes per year, and these should be comprehensive, and packed full of stuff to do. Lots of track mileage, lots of different trains to drive*, lots of different operations possible, as would be present in the real world. So much stuff that you'd be kept busy for a long time. Instead, we get stuff like the Oakville Sub, where nearly half the map is not accessible, the main traffic on the line (passenger trains) are missing, and you're trundling back and forth in a little local freight with nothing else to see or do.

*Or, what about AI trains of types you can't drive? Just say your driver doesn't sign that class. Add them in later as a DLC, but put them there to bring the place to life!

i have the game train sim world 2 and i was wondering what and how do I participate in rush hour? can i use the sand patch grade csx trains to use in rush hour? i would be glad to get an answer.

metalangel Guest

Quote Originally Posted by calebelms View Post
    i have the game train sim world 2 and i was wondering what and how do I participate in rush hour?
    It is a forthcoming DLC you will need to buy. It is coming out this summer.

can i use the sand patch grade csx trains to use in rush hour?
    No. Only the routes and trains included in the Rush Hour DLC. Rush hour is all about moving passengers, not freight.