Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Switching Activities for Long Island Rail Road (LIRR)

  1. #1

    Smile Switching Activities for Long Island Rail Road (LIRR)

    I am making a package of activities available as "LIRR-Activity-5Pack-v1.zip"

    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/tslib....ight&fid=36506

    These activities are based on the Long Island Rail Road Route v0.0.8 (lirr_install.zip) by Vince Cockeram
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/tslib....ight&fid=32583

    The activities use equipment that is supplied with the route, and feature loose consists on industry sidings, and traffic on parallel tracks.

    This is a collection of five "freewheeling" activities -- there are no rules here. Players are at liberty to use the switch lists that are provided, make up their own switch lists, or simply pick up and drop off cars as they please. An alternate switch list is provided for each activity, to double your fun.

    I've had great fun building these activities. I hope you will have fun playing them.

    Regards,
    Dan Reid

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pacific Time
    Posts
    986

    Default

    I have LIRR. But I must be missing something. When run in OR, all the tracks and many of the buildings are "flying", sometimes far, above the ground. What have I done wrong? Nuke and reinstall, I guess, or is there something else? Worked fine in MSTS, btw.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    known universe
    Posts
    2,372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeebb View Post
    I have LIRR. But I must be missing something. When run in OR, all the tracks and many of the buildings are "flying", sometimes far, above the ground. What have I done wrong? Nuke and reinstall, I guess, or is there something else? Worked fine in MSTS, btw.
    Are you missing the "y.raw" files in the Tiles folder?
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pacific Time
    Posts
    986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    Are you missing the "y.raw" files in the Tiles folder?
    Looks like that's the case. All that's in the Tiles folder are *.t files. Guess I'll re-download and reinstall. Would be nice to have everything looking natural to try out some switching.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    known universe
    Posts
    2,372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeebb View Post
    Looks like that's the case. All that's in the Tiles folder are *.t files. Guess I'll re-download and reinstall. Would be nice to have everything looking natural to try out some switching.
    Happy to help...OR only uses the y & f raw files, does not need the e & n raw files...if you're not using MSTS you can delete all those, and gain some disk space.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pacific Time
    Posts
    986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    Happy to help...OR only uses the y & f raw files, does not need the e & n raw files...if you're not using MSTS you can delete all those, and gain some disk space.
    Done, and the re-download and re-install (clean - wiped out the old miniroute folder so I'll have to reinstall the extra trains, like the MP-54s, too) worked. We're back in the real world. All I can guess is that something got messed up when restoring from backup after building the new computer. And it's been so long since I originally installed it that I was surprised at how small the download is; have gotten used to the multi-GB monsters of recent years. Thanks!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->