Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still going

Default Still going

Not sure why I keep doing this.. I keep making items, and either I don't finish them, or I never release them..

Occasionally Magris Talc in Ludlow, VT will receive some NADX boxcars. Normally they prefer using the CIBX 172800-173200 series versus these ex MRL boxcars..

However, seems I've been on a kick with the Mullan Pass and it's expansion, I figured, why not do a former MRL 60' talc boxcar.

This isn't 100% accurate, however the Southern Boxcar from Trainsimulations is close enough to resemble the MRL/NADX Talc fleet. My boxcar from years ago, would be ideal, but it just doesn't cut it when it comes to the newer models being produced from TS, so that boxcar I created years ago, has been kicked to the curb. Maybe some day I will relearn TSM or some other program, and produce a photoskin friendly, 60' plate C boxcar.

Need to adjust the glad hand color, and add a few more numbers..

https://i.imgur.com/LPZNEX4.png

Nice work, as always.

I keep making items, and either I don't finish them, or I never release them...
    Joining me in my world, I see.

I have tons of unfinished Models, Fonts, etc.

Motivation is key. I mean... I finish a shipping container font and then people share with me how they just grab bitmaps from vendors... yeah, ok. Ends up being a sort of "Why did I bother?" feeling. It 'let's all the steam out", as they say.

Side Note:
    Staying motivated is hard... especially when the number of people who still use SIMS based on Microsoft's project for USA-based stuff now ranges in a number that is less than my age in years. ( If you include Indian rails, which I know nothing about, I assume the user list still ranges in the "many thousands".) End result though... we have to just keep doing stuff for ourselves and maybe share it if we ever finish it... versus doing stuff that other people want. I don't even look at "Item wanted" anymore.
    Last edited by pwillard; 05-09-2021 at 09:15 AM.
    http://www.railsimstuff.com
    3D Canvas/Crafter and Blender User
    formerly The Keystone Works (All Permissions Granted)
    In IRC at freenode #msts

Quote Originally Posted by CSRX View Post
    Not sure why I keep doing this.. I keep making items, and either I don't finish them, or I never release them..
    Hi...

Ditto - you’re not alone.

Regards,
    Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, I for one, still greatly enjoy all of your work, Shawn, and always look forward to their release. With so little US rolling stock being released now, and particularly those of high-quality (like yours), your efforts are much appreciated!

Somewhere in Indiana near the Indianapolis Line

Me too. I completely agree.

Thanks guys!
    I've been on a kick of trying to make activities for the Mullan Pass. I've made several trains based off what Sean provided for information, and from several videos collected.

This boxcar set may makes its way into those activities, if I ever manage to figure out the AE of TSRE without major issues!
    https://i.imgur.com/LPZNEX4.png

I also always like everything you do. Because it is always stuff I see on a railroad I like. If you ever want a collaborator to finish stuff up and get it packaged and submitted, let me know.
    Christopher

Shawn see both notifications top of screen. Also have a peek at General / Rolling Line at bottom of TS here, believe may indeed enjoy several shots.

Shawn,

As I've mentioned, I've lost my mojo for building a few times, but it's coming back now, and getting some projects done that will probably see a release of some sort.

That's some excellent work on the boxcar sir.

Quote Originally Posted by pwillard View Post
    Motivation is key. I mean... I finish a shipping container font and then people share with me how they just grab bitmaps from vendors... yeah, ok. Ends up being a sort of "Why did I bother?" feeling. It 'let's all the steam out", as they say.

While I do that sometimes, it's always nicer to have a ready-made font for graphics, and I still use your fonts on quite a few projects.

Thanks for the hard work.

Parker B. - A Misplaced Midwesterner.
    Also known as Mr. Two Bits and Mr. Squarewheels.

Guys, please, don't give up! I appreciate all the effort you put into adding more North American content to this beautiful sim. If only I had any 3D modelling skills, I would certainly join your ranks.
    Borislav
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic100353_2.gif