Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sisksiyou ScaleRails

Default Sisksiyou ScaleRails

Sisksiyou route needs ScaleRails, they are installed, a textures folder showed up in MSTS main folderdo you put that into the Sisksiyou folder?

bigjohn

It is more likely to be the global textures folder.

I have to ask why it didn't go into the correct place?
    Cheers
    Derek

Scalerail shapes do have to go in the Global\Shapes folder, but textures are route specific and need to go in the Route\Textures folder.

When you install ScaleRail it puts the textures in the Global\Scalerail\Textures folder.
    You will need to copy the ones you want to your Route\Textures folder.
    I believe there are variations of the textures for different ties, ballast, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjohn View Post
    Sisksiyou route needs ScaleRails, they are installed, a textures folder showed up in MSTS main folderdo you put that into the Sisksiyou folder?

bigjohn
    Mighty big brush, there bigjohn.

Switching a route over to ScaleRails isn't just a quick point-click/done thing. Unless it's changed from when I've worked with ScaleRails, it often involves a lot of tedious track work within the track editing software to convert an existing route using XTracks, for many ScaleRails pieces don't exactly match XTracks or there aren't interchangeable pieces for one to the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Coonskin View Post
    Mighty big brush, there bigjohn.

Switching a route over to ScaleRails isn't just a quick point-click/done thing. Unless it's changed from when I've worked with ScaleRails, it often involves a lot of tedious track work within the track editing software to convert an existing route using XTracks, for many ScaleRails pieces don't exactly match XTracks or there aren't interchangeable pieces for one to the other.
    Not so, Andre. The Siskiyou route was created for Scalerail and the Route textures are in the download/installer from Siskurail.org. BUT the user has to get the ScaleRail and ScaleRoad shapes from 3dTrains and install them.

John, Look in your Global\Textures folder. All that needs to be there are Dieselsmoke ace files. NO ScaleRail files.
    Charles

Ah, then Dale did a much better job at planning ahead then I did way back when!

Quote Originally Posted by Coonskin View Post
    Last time I did the analysis, XTracks and Scalerail do have fairly good overlap. There are over 450 track sections that are direct replacements.

Andre, I do have a big brush HAHA

Charles, no ScaleRails in Global\textures folder, but only what looks like standard ace files (bluediamond through yardmarker, etc and a highly modified femalehiker )