Thread: Activity Editor Crashes

Default Activity Editor Crashes

We have one particular route where the MSTS Activity Editor always crashes to desktop with no error message. This can be at various times in creating or modifying an activity. Can anyone help resolve this?

Quote Originally Posted by dforrestc View Post
    We have one particular route where the MSTS Activity Editor always crashes to desktop with no error message. This can be at various times in creating or modifying an activity. Can anyone help resolve this?

Are we supposed to guess which route it is?
    Charles

Charles, it's a new route which has not been released yet.

Charles, it's a new route which has not been released yet.
    HUMMMMM. You have posted in the MSTS subforum and report crashes using the MSTS AE on a "new" route. It seems odd that someone is creating a "new" route for MSTS. Could this "new" route be for ORTS and has features that the MSTS AE cannot handle? Maybe you should be using the TSRE Activity Editor.
    Charles

Charles, your assumption is correct. It is a route for OR in which I am trying to use the MSTS activity editor. It would appear then that the incomplete TSRE activity editor must be used.

Charles, your assumption is correct. It is a route for OR in which I am trying to use the MSTS activity editor. It would appear then that the incomplete TSRE activity editor must be used.
    Actually it would appear that the choice is really between an out-of-date incomplete abandonware AE editor and a new AE editor, that while incomplete, has an active code developer. ( please, pay no attention to the rabble-rouser and his nuisance posts )
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Hard to tell because of the apparent super secret nature in this instance, but there is a difference between claiming a route is OR only, and having that route actually contain newer file formats that are beyond the older MSTS editor capabilities.

People need to understand WE ARE AT THE POINT where there is a fork in the road in front us, and some routes take a path that utilizes files that MSTS has never recognized, and naturally these creations will cause the old editors to bomb out. That is the case with the TrainSimulations payware routes, and why they cannot be blended into the same installation with MSTS routes of the past.

So when a freeware route comes along claiming it is OR only, it needs to be very clearly defined as to what makes it OR only.

Hi David,

You can use Open Rails to debug your alpha route.
    If you are lucky, the OR log will record the problem.
    Cheers
    Derek