Thread: Black ground winter textures in Mullan Talc activity using OR MG

Default Black ground winter textures in Mullan Talc activity using OR MG

Hi guys, Just started running the (winter) Talc act on Mullan Pass using Monogame ver 98.1 and noticed all the ground textures are black instead of green/snowy. Tried it using the latest weekly testing version and all is okay. Reverted to Monogame ver 97 but still black. No errors on log. Any ideas please?:
    Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

Hi Niknak,

I had a similar problem as well - do you have the "Reduce memory usage" option checked in the OR settings? It seems like that setting was causing the issue. Perhaps it has to do with the size of the .DDS tile textures.

Peter

That's it! Many thanks Peter. you've saved me a lot of investigating. Just one of the problems with running OR on my laptop at present whilst my desktop is in for repair. Thanks again.
    Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

Did the issue appear at activity start or after some miles of run?

At the start Carlo.

Is there a log?
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

I didn't post the log, Vince as there were no errors shown. Once I'd unticked the "Reduce Memory Usage" as Peter suggested, the problem went away.