Thread: OR Stopped loading

Angry OR Stopped loading

Hi all,

I am needing help as my Open Rails stopped loading with the latest testing version update X1.3.1-358-gb536b9278. The version that I had installed before was X1.3.1-348-g94ca26345. But after the update I get the screen listed below. No OR log created as it didn't actually launch. When I switch to the stable version, it launches with no problems. But then I have no access to all of the improvements made. Also, Monogame gives me the same screen. Any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steve
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by commec61 View Post
    Hi all,

I am needing help as my Open Rails stopped loading with the latest testing version update X1.3.1-358-gb536b9278. The version that I had installed before was X1.3.1-348-g94ca26345. But after the update I get the screen listed below. No OR log created as it didn't actually launch. When I switch to the stable version, it launches with no problems. But then I have no access to all of the improvements made. Also, Monogame gives me the same screen. Any suggestions?
    This is one solution that may work for you:

Delete the existing OR log on the desktop and restart. This should replace the desktop OR log and allow you to launch the sim.

It's some sort of quirk in the generation and/or placement of the log. You can put the log anywhere you want ( which alleviates this problem ...if you are interested in that, PM me. )
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Did you use updater or download fresh (358 works for me but I dl'd fresh every other time to get an updated manual)

When was the last time you cleared your OR cache? Cleaning out C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Open Rails
    Message seems to point to C:\Users\......

I used the updater as I don't have the address of the manual downloads for the testing versions. And I did clean out my cache folder for OR.
    Steve
    USAF Veteran

http://www.openrails.org/download/program/

Click on the big green square on the 'testing' side. It downloads a zip. Unzip it, delete your existing OpenRails-Testing folder, then move the unzipped one into the same spot.

This is how you get the most current manual in the documentation folder, too.

Thanks for the info.
    Steve
    USAF Veteran

Thanks to Gerry's referral of the registry hack at Elvas Tower, I was able to get the new version working. Even though I have no problem with hacking the registry, most people should stay out of that area.
    Steve
    USAF Veteran