Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Cambria line

Quote Originally Posted by metalangel View Post
    ....The Cambrian Line also has the bonus of interacting with six narrow gauge lines, including a flat crossing with the Welsh Highland Railway.
    The program did feature both the start of the Ffestiniog (spelling?) and also the short line up Mount Snowden.....as well as the coastal route, of course.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

If you do a search on You Tube, fairly certain the old Railscene cab ride from Machynlleth to Pwllheli has been uploaded. Very old footage and VHS quality but worth watching. Just try not to get annoyed at the producer (Jeremy English) constant babbling on in the cab. Reckon he must have come close to getting kicked out by the driver or inspector on some of the runs!
    Vern.

Personally, I’d rate it above the Central Wales Line (aka the Heart of Wales Line)
    All day long.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    If you do a search on You Tube, fairly certain the old Railscene cab ride from Machynlleth to Pwllheli has been uploaded. Very old footage and VHS quality but worth watching. Just try not to get annoyed at the producer (Jeremy English) constant babbling on in the cab. Reckon he must have come close to getting kicked out by the driver or inspector on some of the runs!
    I had loads of those Railscene vhs cab rides, but chucked them with the demise of vhs. Alas they would cost a huge wedge to re-purchase on dvd.

As Vern said, the only downside of them was JE blabbing on like a besotted schoolboy.

Far better than the Video125 productions, as Railscene are uncut and purely from the cab.

https://www.wolvertonrail.com/acatal...lscene-p1.html

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Modern ATW my area............... and the Cambrian.

https://www.wolvertonrail.com/acatal...tml#aTFATW023D
    Yma O Hyd

metalangel Guest

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    The program did feature both the start of the Ffestiniog (spelling?) and also the short line up Mount Snowden.....as well as the coastal route, of course.
    The Ffestiniog Railway connects the Cambrian line to the Blaenau line (which then runs up to the North Wales coast to Llandudno). You can have a proper adventure by getting off one train on the national network, boarding the narrow gauge train, and riding it to the other end to get on another 'regular' train.

Blaenau Ffestiniog itself is an astonishing place. A little town nestled in a valley, surrounded by literal mountains of slate. Never seen anything quite like it before.

The whole area is unique, rich with history and very, very beautiful. Obviously, DTG doesn't want to bother modelling it. Can you imagine a simulator that did, though?

My great grandad parents were from the area and the family was involved in slate mining.

Then they moved from there to the South Wales valleys to work in the coal mining industry (more money).

I personally have no interest in english owned tourist railways.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

....Obviously, DTG doesn't want to bother modelling it. Can you imagine a simulator that did, though?
    If the right people did it, in the right manner, it would make a superb sim.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    I personally have no interest in english owned tourist railways.

Mike.
    Why? Aren't the tourists spending money in Wales? Isn't that what tourism is all about?

Personal choice Bruce and i am a nationalist.

I do not agree with it and never will.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd