Thread: Marias Pass 5 Problems after using TSRE

Default Marias Pass 5 Problems after using TSRE

Hi guys, Recently downloaded MP5 and all was fine. Then I tried adding a few extra items to the route using TSRE. Just the occasional vehicle etc. But for some reason this really seems to upset the route when I tried to run it again afterwards. I've often added various objects to other routes in the past and never encountered anything like this before. I attach two log files - 1 is the route before any changes and 2 is the route after just a single change, where I added a vehicle to a road. Any ideas please?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

Sounds like you don't have TSRE settings right to keep the TDB off limits to changes as you add simple stuff to world files

I'm not sure which version of TSRE you're using, I use 0.698, but if you'll add the line "loadAllWFiles = true" to TSRE's settings file it will load all of the world files. Then in TSRE under the tools tab click on Errors and Messages. This will show all of the TDB errors and will allow you to jump to each one and see what the problem is.
    Since the route is hosed anyway you can add the line "autoFix = true" to the settings and when you open the route in TSRE it will attempt to repair the errors it sees in the TDB. You can exit TSRE without saving but since you'll be reinstalling the route anyway it'll be interesting to see if TSRE is actually able to fix anything.

Never mind. It doesn't do any good.
    I tried loading the, unedited, route in ORMG95 and it crashed without loading. Similar results in the log file.
    I ran it through TSRE with auto fix enabled and the route loaded in OR but crashed after 3-4 seconds, so TSRE fixed somethings but not everything.
    Seems the route is loaded with errors right out of the box. Don't know what it would take to get it to run.
    Good luck.

Thanks for the responses guys. Seems like I'll have to forget about adding any items to this route. At least I can run it okay after a reinstall and all my other routes accept changes via TSRE without a problem, so it must be something peculiar to MP5 I guess. My TSRE version is 0.06958.
    Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

Like Geepster775 said above you can change the TSRE settings from writeTDB = true to writeTDB = false to keep it from messing with the TDB.
    That should let you "safely" edit the scenery.
    These warnings,

Warning: Skipped track section 436 not in global or dynamic TSECTION.DAT

Warning: Skipped track section 428 not in global or dynamic TSECTION.DAT

Warning: Skipped track section 430 not in global or dynamic TSECTION.DAT

Warning: Skipped track section 434 not in global or dynamic TSECTION.DAT

Warning: Skipped track section 406 not in global or dynamic TSECTION.DAT

right at the beginning of the log file look like the way TSRE handles dynamic track which I've had happen on another route but it didn't keep it from running.

Yes, thanks Geepster and Randy - it was indeed the TDB=True that was causing the problem. I had a PM from Dan (adreid) who first pointed out the solution. I'm still puzzled as to why it only affected changes I made to that particular route. Anyway cheers guys.