Thread: Great Activities for Open Rails NEC 4.0

Default Great Activities for Open Rails NEC 4.0

I have gone back to running some older routes. NEC in its latest incarnation is just great with the right activity.
    I just completed the one by Lutz Koenig, M.D, lkn4am1 again and all the nice Freight Traffic really adds to the aspect of realistic railroading.
    Not much has been done by him lately, but this one is just Fantastic! My version of the Chrysler Plant:
    Chrysler Plant NEC 4.jpg

Don -- you posted a very cool screenshot of this older route, NEC.

John

G'day Don, I read your post and checked some of my old installs and ran NEC 4.0 in OpenRails, it looked good and ran well so I will have a look at some of the older routes and see if I can find some other gems.
    Regards and thanks.
    Barrie

That pic I posted was to show some of the potential of this fine route. It my rendition of the Chrysler Plant and Vehicle Loading/Storage area. The track and signals are really good, considering its age.
    Thank you for the kind words.NEC 4 Marc 1.jpg

NEC V4 used to be one of my favorites, but lately I have been preferring PRR East V2 as the layout of Philadelphia is more accurate (you can now send commuter trains to 30th Street upper level) and you have NY and Harrisburg. Having lived in the area for 20 years having a more accurate Philly was important.

Jon

Yes Jon, I also like the PRR East V2. It really is a great route to run, good variety of runs as well. I like the NEC to "experiment" and help hone my few skills with scenery, made easier with the advent of TSRE5. The NEC is like my Proving Ground and I like the variety of equipment.