Thread: Industry Tags?

Default Industry Tags?

Is there like an Industry tag similar to the MPTags or CarTags? It is very hard to figure out your bearings with industries, and plan your operation, even if you plan to service two or three industries. Locals can help as well, but it can still be a bit overwhelming, particularly for an old MSTS/OpenRails hack like myself. I mean in MSTS, you had a map, in the editor that told you where things were, but you had to plan everything there. Run8, you don't really have that kind of map, but can just hop in, spawn some stuff, and you are on your way. Any advice would be much appreciated.

I think the problem was solved. The Depot.com has maps of a lot of routes, detailing where things are. They are helpful, but Industries is a learning curve.

https://www.thedepotserver.com/maps/

Yes the maps are very cool.

What you can do is have your industries set up to match Depots if you haven't already. Then from there you can generate switch lists of your train that will help organize your train. Check the industries PDF files that come with Run8. I haven't used Run8 in a while but I believe there are at least 2 PDF's that should assist.

Thanks

Sean

Also don't forget to enable descriptive text above the locations in game. Think it's Shift-F8, Ctrl-F8 twice for the cars but like Sean I haven't played for a good bit so have lost the knowledge, so to speak.
    Vern.

@SurvivorSean: Yeah, I really dig A-Line and WayCross. A-Line has a ton of industries, and they not all match the map. So I am just configuring industries to match the maps and locals.

@SurvivorSean and @NorthernWarrior: Thanks for sticking around the community to help newbies. Run8 is my new favorite game, trumping OpenRails and GTAV:LSPDFR.

Quote Originally Posted by deltapooh View Post
    @SurvivorSean: Yeah, I really dig A-Line and WayCross. A-Line has a ton of industries, and they not all match the map. So I am just configuring industries to match the maps and locals.

@SurvivorSean and @NorthernWarrior: Thanks for sticking around the community to help newbies. Run8 is my new favorite game, trumping OpenRails and GTAV:LSPDFR.
    Or of course just replace the industries config with those provided online, which is way simplier. I didn't realize the resources provided at the Depot.

Your welcome glad to help.

I like to call Run8 the best train simulator on the planet. Glad you are enjoying it.

Thanks

Sean