Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Searching for Hotbox Detector

Default Searching for Hotbox Detector

I'm looking for an early Hotbox Detector. There was a route I downloaded here several years ago (which I inadvertently deleted at some point) that had this very model of detector.

blogdetect1.jpg

Anyone remember or know which route this was in? I want to say it was an upper Midwest route, but can't be sure. OR...does anyone know where I can find this as a download object?

Thanks in advance for any help, it is much appreciated!
    Dave

I've seen both BN and Soo rules which had instructions on reading them. I've given thought to making one, but finding decent data on them seems to be a bit tricky

I remember seeing those in Canada when my wife and I took the Canadian from Montreal to Vancouver, would have been in 1984. Don't recall if on CP or CN, probably CP. So you might check out Canadian routes.

Jon

Ebnertra000

As I was researching this, I found this web page taht gives a bit of detail to the Unit. Maybe there's something there you could us:

https://tracksidetreasure.blogspot.c...detectors.html

Quote Originally Posted by ebnertra000 View Post
    I've seen both BN and Soo rules which had instructions on reading them. I've given thought to making one, but finding decent data on them seems to be a bit tricky
    Found this while searching for info. Maybe something here you can use?
    https://tracksidetreasure.blogspot.c...detectors.html

I've got a more modern one in my CNW Chicago - it's got two outside-the-rail temperature detectors and the dragging equipment bar between the rails.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

I have a couple of modern ones too, but none with the display/message board. This is for a late 70s route I'm working on and trying to be correct for the time period.

FOUND IT !!! It's in the GT Holly v2 route. Have copied the shape files and at least two of the ace files - but I'm missing several other files evidently. Going to shoot an email to the route creator and see if he's willing to help. Thanks everyone for your input on this
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by notch8 View Post
    FOUND IT !!! It's in the GT Holly v2 route. Have copied the shape files and at least two of the ace files - but I'm missing several other files evidently. Going to shoot an email to the route creator and see if he's willing to help. Thanks everyone for your input on this
    Dave
    It appears the route creator, John Finney, does not have a valid contact email as attached to the route. If Mr Finney is active on Trainsim - would someone tell him I'd like to talk to him please. Thanks all again!

You probably won't get a response. I had tried to reach out a few years ago but never got a response. It appears that he has not been active on here since 2017. Not sure why he vanished. But getting a response may be slim chances at best. Last I knew he lived a mere 20 miles from me. So either he got burnt out or enjoying retirement. I have not tried to reach out again.

Quote Originally Posted by notch8 View Post
    It appears the route creator, John Finney, does not have a valid contact email as attached to the route. If Mr Finney is active on Trainsim - would someone tell him I'd like to talk to him please. Thanks all again!
    M. Payne