Thread: Some stations in a route tend to crash TSRE

Exclamation Some stations in a route tend to crash TSRE

I'm hoping this is the right forum.

I ran into a rather weird issue recently while trying to edit the Kobra route by Ranjit Ramchandra Pendse (yes, I understand this is an Indian route, and Indian routes generally have a lot of errors etc etc) but I usually have nothing to worry about since I use Route Riter to clean them up and I have no issues whatsoever.

This route, however, is different. The route runs fine in Open Rails. It's when I open it in TSRE and navigate to some particular staions (such as Karwar and Pernem, I believe there are more), that TSRE straight-up crashes. Other stations are fine and can be navigated to. Assuming that the Navi Window probably had some sort of issue, I tried to fly to these problematic stations manually. But when I got within close proximity (I'd say roughly 1 km from the station), TSRE would freeze and crash. So the navi window was fine, but something was definitely wrong with these stations.

Mind you, it's all perfect when I run through these stations in Open Rails. The station tracks, platform markers and signals all work as they should. The stations only seem to crash TSRE. I don't use MSTS so I'm not sure how MSTS RE would have handled them.

I tried TSRE's autofix feature, but the issue still persisted. I fiddled with every single option in Route Riter (that is an exaggeration but you get my point, I tried whatever's possible) and the problem still remains.

At this point, I realise I need some assistance from the gurus here. What would cause a station to crash TSRE? And how can I fix it?

Thanks for your help in advance!
    Swadesh
    Railfan from Bengaluru, KA, India
    My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVC...KA-9nsmib27ndg
    Happy simming!

Do the stations open up in Shape File Manager OK?

Also I suppose it might not be the stations themselves but something else on the tile that is getting loaded when you navigate to that location.

There is a log file in the TSRE directory named log.txt you might look there to see if there is any clues to what happened.

Jon

If after auto fix you see no errors and TSRE still crashes, it may be crash due to faulty Shape file or texture.
    You can remove Shapes and Textures directories completely and see if it prevents TSRE crash. If it will work, check log.txt and investigate the latest shape file name.

Thank you so much for your help! I can navigate to the station after removing the shapes and textures folders. So this must be a case of a faulty shape/texture file. How do I identify it in the log.txt file? Is it the last mentioned shape?

Here is the log file, just in case: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vDH...ew?usp=sharing
    This is the log file I got immediately after opening the route with no shapes or textures, and navigating to the problematic station.

It mentions lots of shapes. Are all of them faulty?
    Swadesh
    Happy simming!

It should be the last one, or close to the last one in case of a texture bug.

Thanks a lot for your help!

I still haven't found the exact shape (I tried removing most of the faulty shapes from the end of the log file, but the route still crashes TSRE). Bad luck, I guess.

I think the best thing to do now is to make a path through the station in OR, load it up and note down all the shapes I can see. I can then remove them and see if that solves the problem.

Thanks again!
    Swadesh
    Happy simming!