Thread: Terrain Anomaly on Tennessee Pass Route

Default Terrain Anomaly on Tennessee Pass Route

Does anyone know why this happens on Bob Wirth's Tennessee Pass Route? This anomaly just grows a few miles in front of your train and disappears a few miles after you pass by. It happens a couple of time near Dotsero and many times east of Salida before the Royal Gorge. I have over 50 Routes in Open Rails, several of them Bob's,. and this is the only one that does this. It happens regardless of the Open Rails version I use including Monogame.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Bob GrohTennessee Pass Anomaly 1.jpgTennessee Pass Anomaly 2.jpg

It's a spike ( or a group of spikes ) -- at higher elevation than the surrounding terrain. You can adjust these areas to match the surrounding elevation using Goku's TSRE. You may see this quite often in older MSTS routes created with the MSTS RE, for example the MLT Kicking Horse Pass and Roger's Pass routes.

Here's the thread here that explains howto >>> https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...s-Pass-mystery

See Post#14 for a screenshot that explains the instructions.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Thanks for your reply Gerry,
    However, this route looks very odd in TSRE (see screenshot) and the anomaly/spike doesn't show up (!). In fact, when I "jump" to a location I end up in a white world next to trees but underground compared to track, roads, and buildings. Moving up to above track level results in the odd world shown in the screenshot. I'm sorry to hear this also happens on MLT's Canadian routes which I haven't run since moving to Open Rails.
    Bob GrohTP in TSRE.jpg

the terrtex looks like a texture from an automobile

You have to adjust quadTree option in settings.txt. Try true or false
    What you see now is only Distant Terrain (DM) and TSRE doesn't support textures for DM created using DEMEX.

Thanks Goku,
    Changing quadTree to either true or false doesn't make a difference (it was set to false by default I guess).
    Bob Groh

Did you remove the # character?

Removed the # character and now everything looks normal and the anomaly is visible. I'll now use the instructions referenced by Gerry.
    Thanks, and I'll let you know if I succeed.
    Bob Groh

Well, everything worked as described. However the anomaly is so large that all I did was lower the outer edge of the block, not the entire block. I believe i could click for hours and not make much of a difference. I will just try and ignore the things next time I pass by.
    Thank you for your advice and I did learn more about TSRE, for which I am grateful.
    Bob Groh

Lay a long piece of track across it and adjust the terrain level to that.