Thread: "Not same route" error with latest OR version

Default "Not same route" error with latest OR version

I recently decided to try out the Monogame version of OR so I downloaded the latest New Year MG version.

Everything worked fine until I tried selecting one of the Surfliner activities to run. When I selected "surfliner 2.3" route, The list of activities showed "not same route" next to each activity name and I could not start the activity.

I eventually realized that ORTS is now checking the routeID in the .trk file against the routeID in the activity file. If they don't match you get this error. This was not a problem with the stable version 1.3.1 I was running previously. It didn't care.

Took me a while to fix this as the actual .trk file being referenced was the one in the "openrails" folder and not the one in the route folder . Once I changed it and the activity files so they all matched everything was fine.

Just something to keep in mind especially if you copy activities between different versions of the same route.

Jon

Hi Jon,
    With respect, it's surely bad practice to attempt running an activity on the version of a route on which it wasn't created. It will, more often than not, result in the activity showing errors or not running. From what you posted, it appears that the error was in the OpenRails .trk file which you created!

I'm surprised that the Stable version of OR didn't perform that check, or, maybe, it doesn't read the OpenRails .trk file?

Cheers,
    Ged

Adding to the kerfuffle in this particular instance is the version of the route increased but the upgrade only impacted scenery and not track or activities. Hence people trying to still run activities for 2.2 on 2.3.

Any payware route that goes up in version numbers generally comes with a new set of stock and activities.

Quote Originally Posted by slipperman View Post
    Hi Jon,
    With respect, it's surely bad practice to attempt running an activity on the version of a route on which it wasn't created. It will, more often than not, result in the activity showing errors or not running. From what you posted, it appears that the error was in the OpenRails .trk file which you created!

I'm surprised that the Stable version of OR didn't perform that check, or, maybe, it doesn't read the OpenRails .trk file?

Cheers,
    Ged
    Ged, I don't recall creating a .trk file, it came with the install AFAIK. Looks like the only difference with the base version is that they added the line: ORTSUserPreferenceForestClearDistance ( 2 ).

The problem happened because the version got bumped from 2.2. to 2.3 but the activities did not change. I agree that often a version change will result in track changes which will break paths etc.

Jon

Gandangara Estate, Sutherland Shire. N.S.W, Australia.

Hi

I just went into the act file and changed the Route ID from 2.2 to 2.3
    and had no further problems.

Cheers

Daniel
    Daniel - Sydney (wishing I was in Townsville)