Thread: Same old problem....unknown source of stock files for PRR Eastern Region activity

Default Same old problem....unknown source of stock files for PRR Eastern Region activity

Hello,
    would appreciate some assistance on what is turning up lately as an "age old" problem with activities created for Train-Sim.

I started setting up one of the activities from Jonathan Dandridge's PRR Eastern Region activity set today. I was working on the
    "AM R2 Newark to Philly" which is a SEPTA train. In one of the consist files (Wilmington to Newark Freight) as well as the ACT file (Static Consists) for the whole scenario there are a number of undocumented WAG files for cars that are not given in the required rolling stock list.

I am missing the following stock (identified by folders they should be found in:
    1) U2FREIGHTX_20pack
    2) NSSD402PAK_MISC_FREIGHTCARS
    3) NS_BOXCAR_PACK
    4) NS_GONDOLAS_COALDRAGPAK

Searching all these folder names or the WAG file or as a ZIP file name in the Library produces the same-old-result."Not Found"

WHERE were these cars gotten from?????????????????????

Some days it just gets unnerving dealing with this, a great activity that was created, but just like the Indian Route authors, ONLY HALF OF THE STORY IS TOLD when you have stock that can't be found and wont let you run the activity properly. You waste m,ore time searching dead ends and finally give up trying to make it work.

ANY help from anybody that knows where these cars are to be found is fully appreciated.

thanks
    Doug

Happiness is when the AI-trains appear where you want them to

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

If you use Convoi,it is easy to swap stock you cannot find for those that you have available including loose consists.Then use Slipperman's excellent activity manager to make sure all is well.

Hi Doug,
    Try us2ftx.zip (U2FREIGHTX_20pack).
    Regards,
    Dan

Doug, all of the trainsets listed in your original post were provided with the PRR East V2 Beta installation.

Are you sure you have that installation from April 2019, and not the older version from 2009 ?

I went and installed it myself to a temp directory and verified that those trainsets came with the original install.

Jon

Thanks very much Dan and Jon.......................

This HAS to be a case of what a friend of mine calls the "Mommie Stupids".(women around babies is proof).............

I looked into my PRR Eastern Region program and found it WAS the Vince Cockeram version 2 I had upgraded to. All well there except I discovered a couple of my activities were coming up out of date in the OR Menu screen, so have to go back and pound them with a hammer when I have time.

I then took your suggestion and looked in the corresponding TRAINS folder.......but I could NOT find the folders I requested. WTF??
    Next step was to go find the original download and re-run the Install file for the route on another drive. Then WHOOP THERE IT IS (nope, no ice cream or Sprinkles)...........the folders are all in the original route install, concluding since most of my TRAINSET folder was PRR or PC....I had deleted all non relevant or default items, which included these folders.

Simple matter to transfer the ones I needed for this activity. So Thanks for mentioning that.

OK ragtimer, I usually manually edit the files with any stock I want to change away from default....don't use the programs except for TSRE5 Consists Editor works best for me.
    Doug

Happiness is when the AI-trains appear where you want them to